Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:45:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Paint Codes  (Read 3363 times)
monte

« on: April 25, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »

Hi,

I have a Beta Coupe VX  in what I can best describe as graphite (dark grey not black) metalic , it needs a new paint and i would like to get it exactly right , I believe the code should be on a label attached to the inside of the trunk lid , but regrettably its gone , I would be very greatful if anyone knows what the correct paint code is or indeed where I  might look to find it .

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated

Tom

1984 Beta Coupe VX
1985 Beta Coupe IE
1980 Montecarlo Spyder
1989 Integrale HF 16V
1989 Thema 2000IE
1991 Thema 2000IE
rossocorsa
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »

just how dark is it? The standard grey metallic for the VX isn't all THAT dark even though it appears the paint had been mixed to code my own car had been resprayed and was a lot darker than it should be so if it has been resprayed tread carefully. I'll try to check the code when I get home
Hawk

England England

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »

Hi,

I have a Beta Coupe VX  in what I can best describe as graphite (dark grey not black) metalic , it needs a new paint and i would like to get it exactly right , I believe the code should be on a label attached to the inside of the trunk lid , but regrettably its gone , I would be very greatful if anyone knows what the correct paint code is or indeed where I  might look to find it .

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated

Tom

with metallic paints, simply having the correct paint code isn't enough.  You need a competent sprayer as the paint can look completely different with 1 coat versus 3 - and they will probably tell you that they match (to some extent) by eye.

if the whole car is being done, it's probably not as much of an issue.  You tell the sprayer what colour you want and he shoudl deliver
monte

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »

Thanks rossocorsa and Hawk for your responses , As I understand it the Beta Coupe VX came in two metalic greys , a lighter grey or silver metalic , and a darker grey metalic or as I describe it graphite metalic. My car has been repainted , superfically ,it looks great  , but regretfully it is very poorly done.
 The present paint may in fact be the correct shade , if not ,it is very close to some engine bay areas that have not been repainted , so perhaps Hawk I am been over fussy , my paint shop man has the full kit of oven etc. so I trust he could match it , I am having a full paint job done.
However if I could track down the correct paint code , it would be great.
Tom

1984 Beta Coupe VX
1985 Beta Coupe IE
1980 Montecarlo Spyder
1989 Integrale HF 16V
1989 Thema 2000IE
1991 Thema 2000IE
Hawk

England England

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »

I know what you mean.  My car is "3ft away perfect" but when you get up close you can see the imperfections.

Problem is that I just can't justify spending the money getting it right.

rossocorsa
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »

fornitore IVI
tipo sintetico-acrilico
colore Grigio Met.
codice sincom 679/F
sm. ritocco ivilux- lacrit 
monte

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:58:42 PM »

Thanks rossocorsa looks good - shall check that with my painter and go from there

Hawk ---- if only people didnt look to closely ,might get away with it , but anyway ,going to bit the bullet and go for it . Thanks for your response

1984 Beta Coupe VX
1985 Beta Coupe IE
1980 Montecarlo Spyder
1989 Integrale HF 16V
1989 Thema 2000IE
1991 Thema 2000IE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: