Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:48:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windscreens  (Read 799 times)
SanRemo78

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: November 29, 2023, 09:53:40 PM »

There's a company in Tamworth, Staffordshire, who make windscreens, standard laminated or heated and they currently offer them for various Lancias including the Delta, Monte Carlo, Fulvia and Stratos. Given that I will probably need a windscreen at some point next year I was thinking of approaching them for a quote but before I do I thought I'd ask here to see if there was any demand so we could put a group buy together.

I'm aware that there are two sizes for the Coupe/HPE depending on whether your car has a bonded screen or a rubber seal. Should the company need examples of both I am in the position to let them borrow a (slightly delaminated) clear bonded screen and a Bronzo rubber seal screen.

I notice Mark doesn't carry any screens in his stocks except for the odd second hand one?

https://www.heatedwindscreen.com/search?type=product%2Carticle%2Cpage&options%5Bprefix%5D=last&q=lancia

If you're interested in a spare (or need a new one) leave a post specifying which type and whether you want heated or not and I'll contact them to get a quote.

I'm happy to lead a consortium for this if there's enough demand but not to hold a stock of them!

Guy

Hawk HF3000 - Square Arch Stratos Replica - owned since 1988.
Alfa Romeo 159 T1 2.4 Q4 Sportwagon - Believed one of 4 in UK.
Fiat Panda 100HP and now!
A Lancia Beta Coupe 1981 2 Litre
Nigel

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 10:58:18 PM »

Greetings Guy,
A commendable plan, but
are you aware that Pilkington Classics do both screens in various
tints and top tints?
Last I saw prices were around 450ish.

There is a considerable wait time on these though.

Nigel

1984 2.0 Carb HPE [ex Aus] Grigio Finanza.
2007 Mazda 6 2.3 [current daily, highly recommended]
The past:
1980 2.0 HPE White in South Africa [hope it survives!]
1976 1.6 Coupe Lancia Blu [PFG 76R] [probably deceased]
oh,and an Uno Turbo 1997 also in SA [stolen,never recovered]
SanRemo78

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 09:39:54 AM »

I was aware they did them but not of the price Nigel... Looking at the prices on the website I linked to a heated screen (?) for a Delta is £242 plus VAT = £290 and a Montecarlo is £260 plus VAT = £312. I don't know how much delivery is but you can collect. If they can make them for £300 with heating elements it might be an option? The killer might be tooling costs though. I'm happy to make an enquiry if there is any interest and loan them pattern screens.

Guy

Hawk HF3000 - Square Arch Stratos Replica - owned since 1988.
Alfa Romeo 159 T1 2.4 Q4 Sportwagon - Believed one of 4 in UK.
Fiat Panda 100HP and now!
A Lancia Beta Coupe 1981 2 Litre
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 02:40:39 PM »

Hi Guy/Nigel

I suspect Pilkington are probably now around £500 for the screens, my last one took over 6 months as they are special order on Finland from memory. So a U.K. manufacturer would be useful and if you can cover the tooling over a few then it may make sense. As to heated screen, not sure how many folk would make that much use of it given main use tends to be warmer months, but if the premium is not that much, maybe worth considering. Either way I would think the tooling would do both?

Given the number of brown edged screens I have seen, there must be a few folk who would go for a reasonably priced one.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: