Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:39:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Parade Lap at LMC Goodwood Trackday  (Read 11252 times)
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« on: February 01, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »

I have volunteered to organise/co-ordinate the Beta Parade Lap at the LMC Trackday at Goodwood on Saturday 7th April.

The Parade lap will follow similar Lancia models parade laps that have been run at Goodwood and this time it's all the Beta models that are encouraged to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the range.  So whether you have a Berlina, Coupe, Spider, Monte Carlo or Trevi this is your opportunity to be part of the parade lap so get polishing on those lovely cars and lets have a good turnout.

More details regarding the actual parade laps round Goodwood will follow shortly.

The entry cost for the Beta Parade Lap will be £10 per car, I have already sent full payment for the trackday of £179.00 to reserve the Parade Lap placement for the day.  

For non-LMC members you will have to join the LMC either temporarily (£12 for Day membership) or take out full membership, this is for Insurance purposes.

If you would like to be part of the Beta Parade please register with me at LanciaBetaParade@virginmedia.com and I will provide you with all additional information.

I will need the following details:

Your Name:
LMC Membership Number:   If you are not a member of the LMC please state NON-LMC
Beta Model / variant:
Email Address:
Mobile number:  ( In case I need to round people up on the day! )

Payment can be made in advance via Paypal, cash or cheque - or cash on the day.  All proceeds go to the LMC, after I have recovered my initial outlay, minus my £10 entry fee.

I look forward to seeing you on the day!

Best regards

Matt
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:34:40 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

So far we have nine/cars people registered with an assortment of Coupes, Montes and one Berlina.

No Trevi, no HPE's and no Spiders - so looking for some of those models....

Come on chaps :-)

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
Thotos

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »

to be part of the parade lap so get polishing on those lovely cars

No Trevi

No amount of polishing of my Trevi will make it "lovely" in the conventional way  Cry In fact the only thing that polishing is likely to achieve is to remove the rest of the very matt and very thin silver covering making feeble impersonations of 'paint'.

I'm planning to attend the Goodwood Trackday but was thinking of going in the Gamma but maybe I should attend in the Trevi  Undecided  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »

Thotos,

It would be great to have a Trevi present.  Hopefully we can get at least one of each model.

I'm sure people won't notice / mind... after all they are all Lancisti!

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
James

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »

Well, our yellow Beta passed its 1st MOT today in 20 years.... so we'll be joining you too!
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »

Here is the list of people who have registered so far:

Matt Evans
Darren Cooksey
Andy Collins
Amanda & Steve Dodge
John Bower
Nicholas Leviton
Jonathan Gillingham
Paul Millet
Eric Weston
James Costello

So hoping for a few more to get involved.  We have a Spider now (thanks to Mandy & Steve) Still need an HPE & Trevi - so hoping we can persuade Thotos!

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:23:52 AM »

hoping we can persuade Thotos!

Grin I'm very easily persuaded  Wink As I've said I was planning to be there so might as well get there in the Trevi.  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

Here is the documentation and instructions for the Beta Parade Lap:

On the day please come and find me when you arrive, if you are not an LMC member please pay the one day membership fee before finding me.

I will be remaining fairly static down the south end (Opposite end from the entry point to the pit lane).

Look out for my Red Beta Coupe VNX 69 X and a red VW Sharan next to it.

I will mark you as present  and give you a Parade Lap Entry Card that needs to be displayed in your windscreen when queueing up for the parade lap.

Please be aware that if you are late or cause delay to the start of the Parade Lap you will be eating into the marshals /  track officials lunch-hour - We wish to keep the track officials etc happy so don't be late!!  :-)

You need to be in the queue at the North End (Entry point to Pit lane) NO LATER  THAN 11:40 am please.  (I'm allowing ONLY 10 minutes for later comers)

If you are not there by 11:40 I will call you on your mobile and you will have ten minutes to get into the queue.

The marshals decision is final in the event you arrive too late and entry to the parade is closed.

If you do not answer your phone and you arrive too late - no refunds will be given.

Please ensure you make use of the toilet facilities before you go onto the track as drivers are NOT permitted to get out of their cars while on the start/finish straight.

Photos of the parade lap will be available through the LMC (See the documentation for details)

FAQ's

You will not be required to wear crash helmet/s
You will not be subject to a noise test
You will not be required to attend the drivers briefing

I look forward to seeing you on the day,

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:15:51 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »

One last doc.

* General site info - for circuit hire 2011.doc (734.5 KB - downloaded 296 times.)

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

Got the Trevi out at the weekend and have been using it on a daily basis again to make sure it's up to its parade lap task at Goodwood on Saturday  Grin
I even washed it on Sunday but that didn't improve it much  Embarrassed
Here it is in the office car park today  Cheesy

* IMAG_0209s.jpg (243.79 KB, 793x600 - viewed 491 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 08:11:40 PM »

Great day and an excellent turnout of Betas  Cheesy

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff477/TheoKyriacou/Goodwood%20LMC%20track%20day%202012/?albumview=slideshow

Theo Kyriacou
LanciaNut69

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »

I'll second that!  Great day with an excellent turnout of various cars and a good fun parade lap to boot!  Even managed to keep the good weather in the area for most of the day!  Great to see everyone again and thanks to Matt for the wallet!

Roll on Bristol BIAMF!!!

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 10:04:39 AM »

Hi All,

Well, I was very pleased with the turnout and with Betas in particular.  I met a few folks that I can now put names to faces, shared a good laugh and I now have a very fond memory of looking in my mirrors as we went round the track and seeing a long snaking line of Betas following me, it really did put a smile on my face.

We also have to thank Tony not only for taking the pictures on the start grid but also for persuading the chief marshal to let us do the photo shoot on the starting grid when they had told me in the morning that we'd only be able to use the pit lane.  Beer tokens coming your way Tony!

The weather pretty much held out thankfully, I now realise that organising the Parade, checking people in and tracking them down close to the time and thinking I'd be able to sort out my stuff for the auto-jumble was taking on too much!  Live and learn though and it did not spoil the day in the least.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated and look forward to catching up at the next event, (BIAMF) which I promise I will wash and polish my car for!

I'll be doing a little write up for Viva Lancia  Grin

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 06:03:46 PM »

Hi Matt

Glad it all worked out well, although I was unable to attend I look forward to the write up and say thanks for taking on the job.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 11:22:25 PM »

Big thanks to Matt for organizing the Beta parade, you did a great job
I could not believe it when a marshal said, we are parking in the pit lane for the photos Angry

It all  worked out in the end  Grin

I've uploaded my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonysphotos/sets/72157629402479792/
one more thank you goes to Amanda, who phoned me asking if I would like to go up in a plane a take some photos  Grin Grin

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
LanciaNut69

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »

Superb pics Tony, and some lovely ones of LRB out on the track.  I'm almost inclined to apologise for nearly running you over in the car park, but then again!!  Grin Grin Grin

Cheers again

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »

Hi All

Having viewed the photos, am I correct in that there was no Spyder there? (Or have I just missed the photo?)

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »

There is a spider but its right at the back !

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
fulviafiend

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »

Here is the spider…

A big thanks to Matt, great day and very well organised.  Wink

Must now get the Beta out on the track properly, so much better after the various winter tweaks. Sorry I was slow off the grid, its not a car that you just jump back in and go, also had to resist spinning the wheels up

Also great photos (as always) Tony, the photoshoot on the grid was superb! great job!

A few pics here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.363937503647568&type=1

1983 Lancia Beta Coupe 2000ie

http://www.rallylegendreplicas.com
Martin D

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »

Matt,

Thanks for organising this, it was great fun and good to do a few laps.

And well done Tony for sorting out the photo opportunity "on the Goodwood grid", another first for me. I did wonder who else had sat on that grid slot in what cars over the years ?

Martin.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: