Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:32:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a four branch manifold for the 2.0 n/a available?  (Read 4291 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: November 17, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »

Fiddling about with the spyder at the moment and I am thinking of a four branch exhaust manifold.
Is there one available and are there any power/torque advantages to be gained from fitting one to a standard engine with the 34DATR carb which is being re-jetted to suit a K&N pancake filter?
Also, are there any improvements to be made to the exhaust which I am sure is no help in standard form?
I would love to go the full twin carb set-up but currently can't afford to.
Thanks

Rust never sleeps
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:31:15 PM »

Yes.

Ansa did one  - they sometimes come up on eBay. CSC still do one you can order.
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »

Graham

I have a CSC 4 into 2 into 1 manifold that I will not be using still in original paint that I have ported (cleaned off any flow restricting material). I am keeping it as a pattern guide for an exhaust maker until I have a 4 into 1 made in stainless. If I was going to use it I would add a modern flexy section under the rear of the subframe and heat wrap it but other wise it is an improvement over the standard set up. The other way to a better exhaust is to have one made for the car using the sizing uinformation from Guy Croft.

Eric
thirdbrother3

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »

I had the bright idea of fitting a Fiat TC 130 exhaust manifold. i should have asked here first if it had been done before, but one came up on ebay for 30 quid so i thought it was worth a try. i knew it would need a cut and weld to accommodate the beta 20 degree engine lean, and i planned to put heat wrap all along to protect the wiring loom.  After lifting the front end to a great (and precarious) height (oh to have a four post lift) i was able to tilt the manifold back enough to clear the drive shaft and maneuver it into position.
3 issues:
1. the pipes come further back towards the bulkhead, so heat diversion (wrap, reflectors etc) would be needed.

2. one of the pipes is in contact withe the drive shaft.

3. it exits a good few inches lower than the original downpipe, so unless manholes are to be avoided modification would be required here too.

This all lead me to re-stud my stock manifold ready to re-fit. i'm sure it could make a good basis for a manifold on the beta if you have the time/skill etc. but i plan to take my beta to Europe in six weeks so its not going to happen this year!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: