Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:22:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beta update...  (Read 3403 times)
raz1966

« on: October 31, 2011, 08:53:15 PM »

progress is pretty slow on the beta, mainly down to the fact that i cant get spares that easily, i have mended the light switch and now all the lights work, i even managed to resoldier the circuit board where it was damged so now the speedo/tacho lights all work. still no spark as i think my distributor is buggered. i got the wipers to work but they are pretty slow, i stripped the wiper mechanism and re-greased the drive near the motor and this helped a bit. i think there is a control box/relay for the intermitant wiper setting but i cant find it.
also my heater contol is broken so the heater is stuck on hot, i had a go at repairing it but no joy, another spare part needed....
had a go at mending the windows (they dont go up/down) but i cant get the screws undone on the door pull/arm rests i cant get an impact driver in.....
i have stripped the carb and rebuilt it using a kit i got off ebay and some bits from a spare carb.
also i have fitted a better front bumper and the missing headlight trim, this was damaged by my mate about 25 years ago when he borrowed the car without his dads permission and ran into another car.
raz1966

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »

just ordered a new wipper intermitant relay..just need to find where the bloody thing goes
thecolonel
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:10:18 AM »

Will be either: attached to the right side of the steering column or on bulkhead above the footwell.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »

You shouldn't need an impact driver for the armrest screws, they only go into plastic 'nuts'.

Have you got a bit that will go in the end of a 1/4 extension bar?
raz1966

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »

sent my distributor off to be reconditoned, managed to lose some bits whilst cleaning stuff and sorting out what i need (see parts wanted), cleaned up my fuse box and now the only electrical things that dont work are the intermitant wipers (have ordered new relay so hopefully that should sort it) the lights on the heater control (i dont have the bulbs/holders, any one got any?) and the handbrake warning light(it works when i press the test button but it does not come on with the handbrake).
have cleaned out the rad and heater matrix, so once i get my distributor back i may get it running.
raz1966

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »

my wipers are now working properly for the first time in years......
raz1966

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »

got my dizzy back, started first time but i need to find my strobe to fine tune it, still trying to refit the rad, looking for the small hose from the thermastat to the top rail.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: