Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:24:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help!!  (Read 2331 times)
raz1966

« on: October 27, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »

i just finished cleaning up the engine bay on my car, but i cant get it to start, it was running.now there is no spark at the plugs.2 litre with electronic ignition.
if i pull the ht lead out of the coil and put it near the cylinder head there is a spark when i turn the ignition switch on and off but no spark when i turn the engine over. there is current going to the electronic ignition control box and the earths on the box are ok. there does not seem to be any power going to the distributor, i have checked the connecter that goes to the distributor and there does not seem to be any current.
in the distributor there are four metal lugs that spin and four metal lugs that are stationary, how big should the gap between them be? one of the lugs look bent?
any ideas?
thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »

As far as I know  gap should be apron 1mm
pins must be straight .
You can get a repair kit from Bosch agents
About £20 from memory.
I'm pretty sure there won't be any current
at the distributor as it's only a switch/trigger.
raz1966

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:29 PM »

that makes sense, there is a 3 pin plug going into the ignition box. one is live, one is earth, what does the other one do? should it be live?
raz1966

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »

i think the other connector in the plug goes to the rev counter.
i read some where that if i connect a multimeter to the distributor and turn the engine over i should get a pulse, is this a small current? how much should there be?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: