Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:37:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Croft Nostalgia weekend 6-7 August  (Read 4641 times)
snapper8v

« on: July 20, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »

I have just been made aware of this event http://www.croftmilitary.co.uk/ by Peter Baker at www.retro-speed.co.uk who has asked if I'd be able to cover it. I've spoken to the car club organiser who has advised me that we've missed the cut off date but.................... IF there are any cancellations, then he'll let me know and try and get us in. The cut off year is 1991, so if your car is registered before this, then you'll be able to attend.

I realise that it's only 2 weeks away and is short notice, plus we may not be able to have an official presence, but if you're interested, then please reply and I shall be in touch to let you know if we'll have a club area. Failing that, you'd be parked within the general public parking. If there's enough interest, then maybe this could be an annual event for the North East contingent?

LAWRENCE
betabuoy

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »

Just had a cancellation from some visitors so I'll be at Croft with my coupe on Sunday.  Any other Betas going?

1979 Beta Coupe S2FL (1st registered May 1983!)
1967 Morris Minor Traveller
1925 Austin 7 Chummy
snapper8v

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »

I didn't manage to see any other Lancia's at Croft yesterday, apart from these 2 Monte's  Grin

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:26:25 PM by snapper8v » Logged
betabuoy

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:22:45 PM »

Great pictures Lawrence!
I had a long chat with Mark Oldfield (owner/driver of the yellow Monte) in the pit area.  He's a charming chap and used to race a Beta Coupe in the same series.  I was glad of a few tips to help me progress with my '78 Coupe (intended for the Roadsports series) but I was realistic enough to point out that I'll not be on the track for a couple more seasons.
Two of my sons joined me for a top day out.  My green coupe was lurking in the general car park and we also found a dark red Fulvia 3 a couple of rows behind.

1979 Beta Coupe S2FL (1st registered May 1983!)
1967 Morris Minor Traveller
1925 Austin 7 Chummy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: