Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:15:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sunroof  (Read 2562 times)
spud

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: July 02, 2011, 09:18:51 AM »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the sunroof? I have searched the forum and, whilst finding posts and threads which mention 'I removed the sunroof', I haven't actually come across anyone stating 'here's how ya do it'.
My sunroof sits a feww mm low at the rear and I want to align it better. Also, there is some rust in the aperture which would be much easier to remedy with the sunroof totally out of the way.

All help very gratefully received!  Smiley

Thanks,
Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 11:01:15 AM »

1. Remove the small screw from the plastic surround.

2. Remove the plastic surround - carefully.

3. Prize the front of the sunroof panel liner down and unclip the two metal retaining clips. 

4. Carefully bend the middle of the front panel liner bar and wiggle each side out, one at a time until it hangs down.

5. Hang the panel liner over the headrests to keep it out the way.

6. On underside of the rear panel you'll see the four "fingers" each held in place by two phillips screws

7. Undo the screws and mark the fingers to their original location.  Wiggle these fingers out carefully and try and keep the plastic slider in place.

8. Once all four fingers are out slide the panel forward (still flat) and make sure the ariel is vertical (if its fitted to roof)

9. Lift the front of the panel up and carefully slide the panel forward while raising the front panel.

10. The rear slider / support is spring loaded onto the back of the panel, remove the lot in one go by angling the panel.

11. Unclip the panel cover from the panel and your all done.

Fitting is pretty much the reverse.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
spud

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 02:49:11 PM »

Precise and concise Matt! Most excellent. Thank you very much for that.  Grin

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
SanRemo78

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 01:27:53 PM »

I’ll add to this thread for future reference. And to help me with it’s rebuild.
As my car is going to be stripped of paint/filler using heat any plastic bits need to be removed to return the panel to a steel shell.
1.There are two lift rods, one on either side with plastic fingers actuated by the handle, spring rods cause a rotation of these bars. The rods need to be removed entirely. Prise out the spring mechanism and lift this away from the hinge a little. With a screwdriver prise the tabs on the ends of the hinges open and tap out the two pins on each side. The lift rod can then be slid off the nylon housing on the bar from the opening handle. Repeat for the other side.
2. The opening handle needs to be removed next. Remove it’s pivot pin by bending the tabs either side and tap the pin out, then support the handle proud of the surface with a screwdriver underneath it. This will give access to one of the peened rods that connect the handle to the bar. This will need drilling off. I did this with a 4.5mm drill on one side and another drill bit held in vice grips on the other end to prevent rotation. Push the pin out. This allows the two halves of the bar and handle to be extracted through the handle hole.
3. The external seal that runs round the perimeter can be levered off with a large flat bladed tool/screwdriver BUT it’s rivetted on the back corners along with the rear seal. They’re different profiles. Drilling off the rivet heads allows both halves of the seal to be removed.

Hopefully the rebuild is the reverse procedure. New seals and plastic runners might be necessary if worn or broken.

Guy

Hawk HF3000 - Square Arch Stratos Replica - owned since 1988.
Alfa Romeo 159 T1 2.4 Q4 Sportwagon - Believed one of 4 in UK.
Fiat Panda 100HP and now!
A Lancia Beta Coupe 1981 2 Litre
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: