Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:41:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indicators Fast Flashing issue  (Read 27634 times)
piacevole1300

« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »

Haven't been on here for a while, lots to catch up on!
I think your find that bulb is to illuminate the area around the fan switch and levers. I'll get a pic of it on mine or my dads HPE tonight if I remember just to show. The wiring should be connected to the sidelights as this illuminates as soon as the sidelights are turned on.
Marcus.
Ah is that what its for? It seemed so out of place and the bolts that held it on seemed so much newer than it should be. That is correct it is infact connected to the side lights, ok well I will keep that in it original position. Thankyou!
piacevole1300

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »

Just to confirm Marcus is right about the bulb in your photo.
The Bulb is supposed to be there - its meant to actually have a bulb with a lens on the tip to focus the light down not wires but fibre optic cables, two i think.
Purpose is to light up your rocker switches for demister and hazard lights (rear wash as well if you have an HPE)
The heater panel has two small bulbs to light up the red/green part from the rear.   

Have you reached the rachaeljf "Club Hammer" stage yet? Angry Angry Angry cunningly placed close at hand near the steering wheel.
Yep just had a look and it does have the optic cable down the end now just need darkness to test its going to the right place Tongue

I have been very, very close. Going round in circles is very stressful on a man and the Club Hammer is O'-So-Tempting  Grin
piacevole1300

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 10:25:31 AM »

I was thinking that the rogue bulb must be dash related. The fibre optics only came in with the facelift I think. I take it that this car has the brown dash like my 1300?
interestingly not, my car has a black dash and is from the 1980's were the brown dash's standard for the facelift models?
piacevole1300

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »

Got there in the end, sorry about the poor pics but an example of the bulb in action...

Not quite dark enough yet to see it in full flow but you get the idea, hopefully. Smiley
Ah, now that is interesting, i'll plug it all in wait till its dark and give it a test. Whats bothering me is why have those pesky Italian's gone to the trouble of optics and hiding bulbs instead of a bulb in the dash and removable switch cover? Seems very strange and intriguing at the same time.   Tongue
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »

Same arrangement was used in the delta. Do you remember the Top Gear on Lancia. "we'll operate the windows witn magic. It won't work but we'll do it anyway" this is a perfect example!

Goes to show that the old spirit on Lancia was still there in the early eighties !
piacevole1300

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »

Same arrangement was used in the delta. Do you remember the Top Gear on Lancia. "we'll operate the windows witn magic. It won't work but we'll do it anyway" this is a perfect example!

Goes to show that the old spirit on Lancia was still there in the early eighties !
Fiat never removed anything from Lancia. Lancia always had some crazy ways of thinking, even when Fiat took over.
piacevole1300

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2011, 02:08:00 AM »

Ok now its nighttime I turned on the lights with that crazy bulb plugged in and it made my heart sing. Even though someone has obviously been annoyed by the light inside the switches and has cut that off but I noticed the tiny winy detail of little lights above the Hazard and Rear Window Heater switches giving it a warmly glow instead of shoving a light inside the switch making it glow a pukey green. It was such small touch that I didn't notice that just makes the interior appearance that much more beautiful.

Ok well I have noticed the Brake Lights do not work when the ignition is on (not engine) I replaced the bulbs but they still do not work. Could this indeed be my problem?  Undecided
piacevole1300

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »

Ok I swear this is an earth issue because I found this problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHSwGdoY6Kk

Now for some reason when I indicate left its better voltage than the right and hazards, so that's why I was really confused at first Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: