Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:12:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low profile oil filter  (Read 2788 times)
Radical Racing

« on: April 26, 2011, 11:40:08 PM »

I have installed an oil cooler on my 1981 Beta coupe track day project.   I bought the parts from my local speed shop. 
The adapter plate bolts onto the engine in the stock location an the oil filter is oriented so it sticks directly forward.  The problem is that now the spacing is very tight up against the lower radiator hose.    I figure I only have room for a filter with a body that is 2-3/4" in length at the max.    I would prefer to find an ultra low profile filter rather than changing anything else.

I found a Fram filter that is 3-3/4".   It will barely fit but only if I drain the coolant and remove the lower radiator hose each time I wanted to change the oil.

Has any one got a recomendations, especially those that have installed an oil cooler system on their cars?

Todd
markwast
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 07:24:40 AM »

I have used a oil filter from a Beta VX in the past. VX filter sits in the same position . Not sure of depth off the top of my head.
Radical Racing

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:14:27 AM »

Couldn't find a low enough profile oil filter.   Test fit a remote oil filter adapter and still had clearance problems.   So I removed the radiator and had the 90 degree elbow bottom connector neck replaced with one that comes straight out.   With a new formed longer radiator hose it should just clear.  I'll put everything back together this weekend and will try to fire her up for the first time.

Very excited and hoping to get it running well enough to take advantage of an upcoming track day at Thunderhill.  Still got some suspension tuning to do.   Going to be hit or miss because no one around here has a clue how to set up a Lancia, especially one with a custom coil over suspension.  Hope I don't scrub off half the tread on my tires in the first couple of laps.

Todd

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: