Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:11:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Side Intrusion Bars from Coupe Doors  (Read 2186 times)
swilkes

« on: April 04, 2011, 08:51:39 AM »

I have a 1983 Lancia Beta Coupe (2L) in Australia.  The doors on my car weigh a tonne (well maybe not that much but a lot) and I have a roll cage with side intrusion bars anyway (its a competition Beta).  I would like to remove the intrusion bars that are inside the Beta Coupe doors, but they are difficult to get at.  I have already mangled an old spare door I had in an attempt to get these out.  Has anyone tried to remove these side intrusion bars from their coupe doors and, if so, do you have any suggestions for getting them out?  Thanks Shane
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »

Shane,

Not an easy job at all, however you could always track down some earlier doors - my 1975 coupe  does not have the side intrusion bars. If you really want to save weight and have some (well a lot of) spare cash, there is a chap in Belgium Guy Morenhout who makes GRP/polyester doors/bonnet/boot lid and wheel arch extensions for Beta coupe. I keep looking but the cash flow isn't quite up to this yet.

http://www.abarth-gmr.be/new/parts.php?dzial=LANCIA BETA COUPE / MONTE CARLO#p_192

Slightly off topic I know, but I seem to remember you acquired a rollcage, where did you get it from?

Regards

Ian

* Polyester door.jpg (80.88 KB, 480x360 - viewed 388 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: