Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:18:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Cholmondeley Pageant of Power: July 15, 2011 - July 17, 2011
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cholmondeley Pageant of Power 15th-17th July  (Read 8736 times)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« on: December 31, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »

15th – 17th July
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1005.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:58:22 AM by TonyLanciaBeta » Logged

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
snapper8v

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:02:14 AM »

I'm organising the Lancia stand again this year, so keep an eye out for any news. We've also got permission from the Cholmondeley to set up a "little Italy" where we're hoping to have all of the Italian marques present in one area, cars and bikes. A video from last year's event CHOLMONDELEY PAGEANT of POWER 2010 .

It's a great family day out, but why not make a weekend of it? I've been for the past 2 years and have stayed on for the evening "proms" concert,fantastic atmosphere.
colinB

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »

Thinking of adding this to our trip to Cornwall by camping on Friday and Saturday nights-has anyone used the campsite there before?

Am afraid we will be "lancialess" since wife Susan insisting on using the modern Grande Espace given the distances and fact that will be transporting whole family and luggage between Edinburgh and Cornwall!

Colin.
snapper8v

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:57:38 PM »

Hello Colin,
I haven't used the "official" camp site but I have heard that it is O.K. with toilet & washing facilities. I can say that the evening "proms" concert is a fantastic atmosphere, just take along a picnic and some fizz and sit back and enjoy.
LanciaNut69

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »

We're looking forward to this one too - and looking forward to being part of 'Little Italy'.  I'm sure a few of the usual suspects will be there and possibly even Mr Weston if he can find a comfortable enough hotel! ;o)

The rest of us will be 'roughing it'.  I think we have about 5 Montes coming so far.

Can't wait - looks like a lotta fun from the vid.

cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
snapper8v

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »

We have a limited amount of tickets (10 adult Saturday & 10 adult Sunday) available for purchase in the shop area http://www.lanciasport.com/shop/ . They're priced at £15.00ea which is a significant saving (the on the day price is £30.00 each) so when they're gone, they're gone.

This year will be my 3rd visit in succession and I can't praise it enough. We're in the process of forming a "little Italy" with all Italian marques (bikes & cars) being in the same area with a trackside location.
snapper8v

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 11:30:45 AM »

I've just received this e-mail from Cholmondeley:-

News, News!

We are now holding a Rally Stage at the Pageant of Power for the 3 days from 15th - 17th July 2011, therefore we are going to be giving your club prime location which will be close proximity to the track and the Rally stage. The rally cars will be doing demonstration runs on the track on the Friday followed by action on the Rally stage which will then contuine over the weekend. Please go to the website for more news as that will be where the updates of cars will be publicised.

The cheaper discounted tickets are available form the CLS shop http://www.lanciasport.com/shop/ or failing that, the discount club code is

1.       Adult 3 day Paddock Enclosure & Concert  --CPOP3DPCC (all in caps)

2.       Adult Paddock Enclosure Day Pass                -- CPOPDPCC  (all in caps)

www.cpop.co.uk

snapper8v

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:18:31 AM »

I've received an e-mail from the organisers asking if I can provide car numbers that will be attending the event, I need to let them know by the 20th June. Think of it as a wedding invite and you're asked to RSVP so that the couple can arrange the numbers, this is the case of the Cholmondeley organisers. I know only too well that there's not a lot of income around at the moment, but if you're able to attend, then please purchase your ticket(s) as soon as possible please so that both CLS and Cholmondeley can have the numbers.

The event is only 6 weeks away and we have 7 tickets available for the Saturday and 5 for the Sunday. These are available for purchase at face value of only £15.00 each, on the day price is £30. The tickets that the club have bought are the "paddock" tickets which allow you up into the park area where all of the merchandise stalls etc are situated, plus the paddock area where you'll be able to view the cars up close along with the assembly/start area whereas the "park" tickets (on the day price £20) only allows you into the village area where all of the merchandise stalls are. http://www.lanciasport.com/shop/

Last year we had a fantastic display of Lancia's due to the combined weekend activities, but the previous year was a poor showing to be honest, with only a handful of cars, so let's get our cars out there and remind people of these fantastic cars. Thanks.

LAWRENCE   

snapper8v

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »

I've just had an e-mail from the show organisers:-

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for that, I have an enquiry for passes, I will be sending all the car passes to you to give out to the members displaying on your stand.

Regards,Pippa

For those of you who haven't bough tickets direct from CLS and would like your car displayed on the Lancia stand, then please submit your names before Monday 20th, any later and you'll miss out as this is when the organisers will be sending the pass' out.

As a side note, I'm a volunteer CLS committee member and my time is precious, so please can you advise as soon as? Rant over. Thanks.

LAWRENCE

LanciaNut69

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »

Just a quick one to say what a great weekend the show was, even with the wet weather.  I got there on Friday afternoon with Paul Millett (MonsterMonte), Steve Hinson, and Simon & Helen George have arrived the night before.  The weather was great on Friday, but Saturday morning was wet.  By lunchtime it had cleared up and the rest of the day was great, with a firework display, cannon for the 1812 overture, helicopters for the ride of the valkyries, and an atmosphere like last night of the proms.  Sunday was a bit of a washout, but overall a fantastic time and I can't wait for next years event.

We were placed next to Club Lancia Sport, and the Deltas were out in force, with a Stratos adding to the mix on Saturday.  Some interesting vehicles on the track and some great rally cars on the rally loop, including a short wheelbase quattro, a standard length quattro, several 6R4s, an RS200, Sunbeam, Mini, Porsche 911, V8 Firenza, Celica, X1/9 Prototipo and other stuff besides.

Recommend you put the date in your diary for next year and keep yer fingers crossed we get better weather!

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: