Lancia Beta Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:59:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home Help Contact Admin Search Calendar   Gallery   Articles Login Register  

Search  

1977 2000 beta Coupe in Finlandia green
Description: This is the only photo I have of my first Beta a 1977 2000 early S2 in Finlandia Verde with yellow and brown inside.  It was bought from it's first owner in Goring in 1989 and apart from a hole in the sill was completely rust free. I had already owned several Fulvias at this point and was using an HF as an every day car having just sold an MR2. The Beta was a revelation, it could cover ground so much quicker that anything else I'd driven, never got flustered on the edge, always stayed composed and predictable. I then bought a mk1 Golf GTi which had the 135 Gti engineering pack which was anything but and had dangerously rubbish brakes, darn quick though. The Beta suffered a head gasket failure and then sadly a chimney landed on it and wrote it off.  It was to a chap who said he was going to rebuild it but I could never get in touch with him afterwards. After the Golf came a red 1982 Beta in 1992 which is still here but it would be good to have the green one back.
Picture Stats:
Views: 687
Filesize: 121.8kB
Height: 528 Width: 800
Keywords: Early S2 2000 in Finlandia Verde with yellow and brown interior 
Posted by: nigel knight at September 19, 2016, 11:23:34 AM

Comments

Return to Gallery