Lancia Beta Forum
May 15, 2024, 09:07:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 06:44:58 PM 
Started by peteracs - Last post by betabuoy
Hi Peter,
I’m in and booked at the Hare and Hounds for Saturday night.
I’ll most likely be leaving Yorkshire early Saturday morning to join you.
Chris

on: Today at 06:14:53 PM 
Started by SanRemo78 - Last post by SanRemo78
Well that's another part to be bagged and put on the shelf. Steering rack fully overhauled, no discernible play in the rack/pinion, replaced the track rod arm bushes with Mark's polybush kit, new track rod ends, everything cleaned and plated, new boots and a custom made stabilised bracket to take the new Audi shock absorber.

If anyone wants the original, newly plated, shock absorber bracket drop me a PM!

Guy

on: Today at 11:20:34 AM 
Started by spyder_resto - Last post by spyder_resto
I have the gasket that comes with the Water pump. Haynes manual states that there is an O ring that should be replaced when you reconnect the lower water rail to the water pump.
It was this O ring size that I was after.
Thanks
Si

on: Today at 09:29:23 AM 
Started by spyder_resto - Last post by SanRemo78
I think it's a simple gasket that should come with the water pump.

on: Today at 06:48:12 AM 
Hi Everyone
Quick question. Do you know what the size of the O ring for the bottom rail is please? PLanning to change water pump and wanted to change that at the same time.
Many thanks in advance
2.0 Beta Spyder - 1979
Si

on: May 14, 2024, 10:04:13 PM 
Started by spyder_resto - Last post by Nigel
Hello Si, and welcome,
My thoughts are the water pump assuming your leak is towards the rear area
of the cover.
Take the yellow cover off and you'll see it. There's good access to the pump
from under the wheel arch area.

The only other possibility is where the top steel coolant pipe mounts to the head,
but you'd see that from the top.

Best wishes,
Nigel

on: May 14, 2024, 09:56:02 PM 
Started by Nigel - Last post by Nigel
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the ULEZ tips.
I'm not thinking I need to enter the zone anytime soon but if I do
I'll have to apply in good time.

Kevin, as far as I can work out I'm due one month's refund but no sign
of it yet. I'll follow up if not seen in a week or so.

Cheers to all,
Nigel

on: May 14, 2024, 09:46:22 PM 
Hi Everyone

I have been recommissioning my 2.0 lancia beta spyder and have a coolant leak. As soon as I add water to the coolant tank it drips out from under the yellow timing belt cover.

The leak occurs without starting the engine and leaves the coolant tank completely empty.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this before and had any thoughts as to where the leak could be coming from.

Many thanks in advance

Si

on: May 14, 2024, 05:02:22 PM 
Started by SanRemo78 - Last post by SanRemo78
Thanks Peter, I've had one fail so far with the platers - the boot latch mechanism won't take the plating for some reason? Not worrying about it, I have a great spare one. Four carriers and four yokes to go in tomorrow along with another pile of sundry odds'n'sods. The callipers themselves have been soaking for a couple of days now, I'll give them a few more before trying to undo them. I may try the AFT and Acetone route, no rush. Except that the rebuild kits are sitting on the bench and it'd be nice to put everything away ready for the day.

Shopping list for Mark's on 6th includes a pair of rear discs (got a front pair for £48 NOS when I did a stocktake at Hawk Cars a couple of weeks ago) and a compensator valve plus it's bushes and a set of brass bleed nipples as well as a master cylinder. Picked up a NOS reservoir for £24 at the stocktake too! Then it's just a few unions/copper washers and the copper pipe and I'm good to go with the brakes!

Guy

on: May 14, 2024, 02:56:32 PM 
Started by SanRemo78 - Last post by stableblock
Hi Guy
I had some done and IIRC there are two basic zinc plating processes.  One doesnt work well on cast iron and the other does so worth exploring that with your plater.  If you are struggling after that Vehicle and General Platers at Arlesey did a good job on mine.  (I think it might be the acid zinc process that works but dont quote me on it).  Peter

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10