Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:45:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Beta Meeta 50th anniversary: September 09, 2022 - September 11, 2022
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Meeta 50th anniversary  (Read 16883 times)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« on: February 06, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »

Bookings now open, see updated post below.

Beetameeta 50th anniversary
9th-11th September 2022
UK location/hotel still to be confirmed, when the current covid situation improves.

We have set a date for the 50th anniversary meet in 2022, so not to clash with the French Beta meet, which we are all really looking forward to attending.
Weekend hotel packages will be available, also on the Sunday we are hopping to be able to open it to everyone, subject to finding a hotel with enough parking.
More details as soon as we know.
Also all details will be on web page we made for the event: www.lanciabeta50.com

Thanks Tony
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 08:52:26 PM by TonyLanciaBeta » Logged

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
Thotos

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 07:47:14 PM »

on my way.....  Grin

* FestivalOfTheUnexceptional2018-1.jpg (135.43 KB, 1000x667 - viewed 1558 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Aitch

Scotland Scotland

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 05:23:36 PM »

Good planning, Tony. Definitely not to be missed...Dates booked: I'll be there! H.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 10:14:23 PM »

Happy to confirm the dates for next year’s UK Lancia BETA 50th Anniversary weekend  Grin

It will be held over the weekend of Friday 9th- Sunday 11th September 2022
And will take place at a lovely hotel in Abingdon Oxfordshire, UK
We have a couple of small details to look at, then bookings will open, with full details, costs & itinerary to follow shortly.

Tony.

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
chrisc

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »

Exciting that it's all looking promising (touch wood!) for my beta to be ready.

The wife is already asking if the hotel has a spa  Grin

Current:
S2FL Coupe 1600 (restoration project)

Former Lancias
HPE VX A52 VGK (parts donor)
C363 RPC (probably still sorned in cumbria with it's new owner)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 11:03:40 PM »

Does anyone have a Beta I can borrow for 3 days Sad ?
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 09:26:58 AM »

Hi Stuart

Sadly not as my only working one will be with me in Italy on these dates.

Only a few bits to get it finished in time!

Eric
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 12:25:54 PM »

Does anyone have a Beta I can borrow for 3 days Sad ?

You could try asking for an extended test drive over that weekend for one that is for sale!

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 08:37:30 PM »

You could try asking for an extended test drive over that weekend for one that is for sale!

Thanks.....now get back to restoring that HPE  Smiley
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 10:37:35 PM »

Thanks.....now get back to restoring that HPE  Smiley

On it, how is the spider coming along?

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 11:30:16 PM »

On it, how is the spider coming along?

Peter

Badly  - or at least very slowly. That's rather the problem. Just too much other **** going on at the moment to spend good time on it and my determination to do things 'properly' means there's no short cut.  Getting stuck in Aberdeen for three days more than planned didn't help either!
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 11:51:26 PM »

Hi Stuart

That is a long way from home and sounded pretty grim up that way. Sort of interesting, I was in Aberdeen when the big storm hit the South of England in the 1980s when I lived West of London. We were fortunate that the main areas of damage were south of us, but still pretty scary for the wife.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
WestonTB

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 04:27:15 PM »

Excellent, booked in the calendar, kids want to come & my old mum has even expressed an interest in driving the spider down (if I can make the indicators work!!! yes... still at it!)

I will definitely be in the Orange one & may also have my non Beta legal by then so there is a possibility of the Spider or Coupe being 'spare' for a while Stuart.

You are more than welcome if I can make it happen.

We need to get as many Beta's there as possible, 50 would be good Smiley
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 09:12:05 PM »

That's the spirit Tim  Grin Grin
Sorry it's taking so long getting the bookings open, hopefully we will be ready to go in a week or 2  Wink

Cheers Tony 

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 10:38:11 PM »

Tim,

I'd have to owe you several pints for that. I reluctantly have to conclude mine will not be ready in time and I need to be in something at least Italian but with the Alfa sold my options are a little limited!
WestonTB

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 10:38:10 PM »

Maybe 'a' pint, the spider is lovely but it is no Eric Weston standard machine! Hopefully submitting the Hawk for it's IVA test asap, then get the Spider in the garage for the indicator Sherlock Holmes fix and away we go, only problem is I will have to give my Mum the choice first of Coupe or Spider, you are welcome to either and I will tag along (hopefully) in the Hawk.

Jacob has his Coupe but that has more holes than the Turin shroud so we will keep that one for the 60th !
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 08:49:30 PM »

Great news, bookings are now open for the UK Beta 50th celebrations weekend, happening the weekend of Sept 9th-11th, I would like to thank Amanda Dodge who has agreed to organise the booking again, anyone who made the 40th weekend in Norfolk 2012 will know what a great job Amanda did organising that weekend.
We have initially booked 20 rooms, we will try to get more if needed, but we have been told by the hotel that Weddings are filling up very quickly, so will need to book asap to secure a place, below is the brief info for the weekend, with more info and booking form etc on our website below, if you have any questions please feel free to comment here or message me.

LANCIA BETA 50TH ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND
Sept 9th-11th 2022
2022 sees the 50th Anniversary of the launch of the amazing Lancia Beta.
To celebrate this, we are delighted to now be able announce details of a full weekend event package - designed and created around the Lancia Beta and its owners.
Set in delightful rural Oxfordshire, we have booked the Milton Hill House Hotel near Abingdon. This beautiful venue offers easy access from the M40 and M4 motorways, and the A34 trunk route.
For those of you who remember the fabulous 40th anniversary celebration back in 2012, we have managed to keep the price this time almost the same - plus add value into the package too.

Weekend kindly sponsored by Betaboyz Lancia Beta parts and  Auto Italia Magazine.

Friday 9th: Arrive at the Milton Hill House Hotel from 2pm onwards, there will be an informal evening BBQ (or indoor buffet depending on the weather) followed by a light hearted General, Motoring and Lancia related quiz.

Sat 10th: and a hearty full English Breakfast in the hotel restaurant, we will all meet up by our cars for final titivation, before heading off on a tour through beautiful Oxfordshire. A nice relaxed pace, and you will have clearly printed comprehensive route map. We will all then end up somewhere very exciting, where we will spend the afternoon exploring.
Saturday evening, we will all enjoy a formal Italian themed Gala Dinner at the Hotel (menu options to be advised). There will be an interesting after dinner speaker for all to enjoy, and afterwards, we can decamp to the Bar for post dinner nightcaps.

Sun 11th: After another fabulous breakfast, there will be a morning presentation entitled "Know your Beta". This workshop style presentation will cover the intricacies of the Beta model range and should clarify the differences between the various versions, series and facelifts! It will be open to any day visitors who wish to attend.
And after this we will decamp to display our cars, where we hope many day visitors will join us with their Betas too. We will have a Beta display area where we can get our Beta's together - lets aim for at least 50 Betas for Beta 50th. There will be prizes - some for the shiny Betas, some for the most used Betas, some for the most interesting Betas.....etc. You get the idea.

We will have the Classic Car press in attendance. There will be some lovely photo opportunities of Betas together, and again, it's a great opportunity to meet up with fellow Beta enthusiasts. There will be other Lancia enthusiasts too, as we hope to have other Lancias joining us too.
After the prize giving, we will say our "good-byes" and journey home. Full of happy memories of a weekend well spent.

The package price for all the above for a couple sharing a twin or double room, to include your Saturday and Sunday breakfasts and Friday and Saturday dinners is just £395.
Family Room Rates, Doggie rates and One Night package are available on request
For more info and booking and details please see our website: www.lanciabeta50.com
Or email: Tony Harrison tonyharrison3@virginmedia.com

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 12:43:40 PM »

Hi

Tony has mentioned that the hotel is not really offering single room rates and that sharing would make sense.

I just wondered how many other folk will be going solo like myself?

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Nigel

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 11:08:46 PM »

I'll be solo.
However, I would not want to subject a roomie to my snoring,
so solo I shall remain!

1984 2.0 Carb HPE [ex Aus] Grigio Finanza.
2007 Mazda 6 2.3 [current daily, highly recommended]
The past:
1980 2.0 HPE White in South Africa [hope it survives!]
1976 1.6 Coupe Lancia Blu [PFG 76R] [probably deceased]
oh,and an Uno Turbo 1997 also in SA [stolen,never recovered]
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2022, 09:02:13 PM »

Hi
Sorry about the problem getting a single supplement, we rang the hotel again today and they won't budge on that  Embarrassed
They also have put pressure  on us to get bookings in, as they are getting calls daily for weddings.
We have signed a contract to take 20 twin/doubles, of which 10 are already booked, once we reach 20 bookings we are hoping they will allow us more rooms, but we are competing  with weddings so they cannot guarantee it.

If you would like to attend the weekend please book as soon as you can.

All the best Tony Harrison.

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: