Lancia Beta Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New member Kent UK  (Read 2289 times)
HPE Steve

« on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »

Hi all
 Purchased 83 HPE ie and have stripped it down to see what it beholds. This is not my first experience with Beta's i have owned 3 before back in OZ 2 coupes and a sedan.The current project is going well, i managed to find a donor car of the same age and colour, which i am stripping. Planning to keep the donor until the spring. if anyone is in the south east (Sevenoaks) needs parts drop me a line.If i have it its yours! Pick up only. Looking for local contacts to give me some advice. Steve
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, although I am not exactly local I have mates in Maidstone that I visit a fair bit so thats not a million miles from you.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »

Dear Steve,
I am another relative newcomer to the forum and like you have a pair of HPE's. Both are Volumex's in silver. (Donor 1985, good one 1983). If you need any parts I have a lot in good condition also. Check out the parts for sale section, "1985 HPE VX parts now available" post.
If I can help great.
See you at the 40th celebrations perhaps?
Chas and Anne,
(VXdeMAYO). Smiley

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
HPE Steve

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »

Hi Chas and Anne
Hows your project going? Are you in the south east? Hoping to get mine on the road for Goodwood.
Steve
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »

Dear Steve and all,
our HPE project is going very well thanks. I have just got "Lulu" back from Western Lancia in Exeter, where she has had the last visable signs of any rust removed, prior to a partial respray etc. I will post some pics next week after I return from some time off.
Yesterday I received back some 20 various pieces that have been blasted and powder coated in black again. Today I am off up to the platers at Weston-Super-Mare to retrieve some 100 small parts or so from being re passivated (zinc etch). Then the engine bay will start to look a bit more like it should be!
Next week, the black door and window trims will be finished, as they all shed black paint like winter leaves! Now the parts have been nitromors'd, brass burnished, etch primed, high build primed, then a decent satin black top coat applied. ( Ithink that is more prep than Lancia ever did when they were new!)

Oh just in case you were thinking "all that in a week", no, that's just how the timescales have worked out! By next week I will sitting amonst a pile of very shiny Lancia bits, with a big grin on my face! Grin
Post some pics next week,
Chas and Anne,
(VXdeMAYO).

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: