Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:47:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Choke problems  (Read 2660 times)
joe1999

New Zealand New Zealand

« on: November 27, 2010, 05:46:36 AM »

I am just about ready to get my S2 spider vin tested the only problem I have left is that my choke doe's not work to well. It looks as though a previous owner has converted this to a manual choke as opposed to the semi automatic choke.

Even though it is manual it still works on the same principle press the accelarator pull the manual choke release the accelarator and the choke is set.

So with the choke on I can not get the car started even if I am giving it some gas. With the choke off I can start the car just using the gas with no problems at all.

I have rekitted the carb cleaned all the jets and checked the hoses which all seem fine but still have this issue with the choke.

Anyone have any Ideas or at least what I should be looking at?

Thanks

thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »

Possibly a dumb comment but:  are you pulling the hand throttle rather than the choke lever ?

My Gamma has a hand throttle linked to the accelerator pedal, press pedal, pull/lock lever,
the symbol looks like a choke butterfly.

Geoff
joe1999

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »

Interesting no I am sure it is the choke but I would be interested to know why you would have that kind of a set up and when would you use it.
thecolonel
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »

I think it was probably an early cruise idea, only any good for long flat roads though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: