Lancia Beta Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:43:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1592cc or 1585cc ?  (Read 1918 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »

From: ThreePlusOnePlusThree  (Original Message)   Sent: 17/02/2008 19:38

Hi,
Now that I've come down from cloud 9 I am a bit confused about the specs of the Coupe I've just bought, and I was hoping that someone could help me.

The Coupe in question is a UK 1978 series 2 Coupe 1600, though it's not an FL. The chassis number is the 828BC0**** series, which indicates 1585cc, but the V5 registration doc says it's 1592cc. It's an ex showroom demonstrator with leather seats and it also has fibreglass wings.

My question is does anyone know if the showroom demonstration cars had the 108bhp 1592cc engine and lightweight wings?, (Possibly to impress potential buyers, but that's pure speculation).

You have a car that's 30 years old so chances are the wings are aftermarket - never seen"factory" fibreglass wings ever!

Never 100% trust the DVLA either - they would have you believe my HPE has five doors! and my coupe VX (even though i applied for the new logbook, and got it) is not on their system if i do a check on the web site - they even got the colour wrong AGAIN.

See what the aluminium plate near the ignition coil says and go from that, much more accurate than the useless DVLA or better still check the engine number itself under the manifold.

To be honest with you i don't think Lancia would have to pull dirty low down tricks like jaguar did with the E-type or Peugeot did with the 205 (maybe they should have)
1600 Beta's were quick full stop in 1978, look at the Marina coupe.....Mmmmmmmmmmmm nice! or an MG.

When i worked for a car dealer some 18 years ago, a DEMONSTRATOR was just an excuse to register a car and so get the monthly bonus, they were nothing special - it still goes on today.
By the way what do you mean by an "FL"?

I know about the E type 150mph scam but what tricks did Peugeot do with the 205 ?

Stuart

Fibreglass wings will have been put on as a cheap repair method in the dim or distant past.

Leather - either original or re-trimmed.    If original dealer demonstrator then possibly original.

Engine will be 1585cc.   

1592cc could possibly be a 0.20mm overbore and a conciencious owner has worked out the new capacity and informed the DVLA.    Unlikely to be done as original, only as part of an engine rebuild.

Andrew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: