Lancia Beta Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:48:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyder seat belt jammed  (Read 4300 times)
Clifford3051

« on: September 30, 2010, 06:25:56 PM »

Hi all

Just got a problem with my Driver's seat belt on my Spyder  Cry
It has jammed (like when you brake and the lock kicks in) so the belt will not come out or reel back in

No obvious reason for this other than it is 30 years old

I have tried sharply pulling it but do not seem to be able to release the lock  Huh?

Has anyone experienced the same problem and come up with a solution or will it need a new belt?Huh?  Cry

Thanks and Regards
Clifford
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:59:52 AM »

I'd try dimantling it to start with. The inertia brake will probably come off once you unbolt the reel.
Clifford3051

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »

Thanks for the advice I thought the same myself so will give that a go....If I can get the armrest off which seems to have been riveted on!!!!???
 Shocked
Also does the rear card (like door card) bottom edge merely slot behind the moulded tray underneath the arm normally does anyone know?  Huh?
This on mine is riveted to the front of the moulding but when I look at it, to me it seems that it should naturally just sot behind top edge of the tray!?
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »

Not sure what year yours is but on the pre facelift spiders the whole rear card is one piece - you need to remove the seats to undo the screws to pop the card off. The belt has to be undone at the floor and B pillar and fed through the hole in the armrest.

Stuart
Clifford3051

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:58 AM »

Hi stuart

Sorry should have mentioned the year
It is an 80 model so face lifted I believe

What you have is basically a moulded plastic "pocket" or tray down alongside the seat under the arm and the card and this tray are definitely 2 diffrent items other than them being rivitted together
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: