Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:20:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Dad had one of those  (Read 2944 times)
hf_dave

« on: August 23, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »

Hello, David Mirolo, Dublin. I have my father's Beta sedan 2000, Its been in the family since 1979, fortunatly or unfortunatly it met with the back of a Cortina in 1980, around the same time as the dreaded rust scandal ! At that point it was consigned to the garage and there it remained for the past thirty years. I did the body repairs back in 1995 and had the car painted (not very well, 75 quid) to preserve the car. I now have to move the Beta as the garage is to be demoished. My Lancia passion rund Deep! since I was a boy I used to admire our neighbours 2000 sedan to the point that when my dad wanted to trade in his Merc I pushed him to Buy a Beta, mistake! as he is Italian and you know what they drive like Grin The merc was a tad slow in compared to the Beta, it was bound to happen. Anyway I posted pics on the Lancia Motor Club Website, I'l post them here later. Thanks. David Cool
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »

Welcome to the world of all things Beta Dave,  nice to hear a bit of history and some pics (later).

So whats the plan - put the car back on the road??

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
hf_dave

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:40:19 PM »

Yeah ! I hope to get the beta back on the road fairly soon, I had  a body repairer take a look at it and he reckons its the best Beta he has ever seen. His other Lancia exprience was a 1980 Beta coupe with the doors hanging off and a Delta Integrale with rust on the rust Huh?. There is very little rust on the body of the Beta, the bottom of the doors are sound and the sills are perfect. It was rust proofed when it was new so much so that the wax was so thick in the doors the drain holes were blocked I can remer pushing a kitchen knife up through the drain holes to clear them about thirty years ago, I'll keep you posted with any further developments. Doesanyone have a headlamp glass for the drivers side  ?  Cheesy
hf_dave

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »

Here's a few photos   Undecided

Will post up some more soon  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: