Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:00:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from an HPE VX owner  (Read 2286 times)
andybeta

« on: July 07, 2010, 11:02:39 AM »

Hi,
I have been lurking from time to time, probs registering, so haven't actually posted until now, but finally it worked today. Some may recognise my avatar from the Lancisti site.

I have an HPE VX, silver, aren't they all, very slightly uprated, but which unfortunately is currently not on the road due to lack of MOT. It needs a small bit of welding to the rear nearside sill. Maybe next year. I have had it for 14 years, but now it is getting to the stage where it owes me some more use or it will have to go. It is currently sitting forlornly in a dry garage hoping to see the sun again soon. I last used it in 2006/7 I think, the years are now flying by. I had hoped to have it back on the road his summer but circumstances haven't permitted this.

It has a GC prep'd engine, Alquati high lift inlet cam, Weber DCOE 45, aluminium radiator, full stainless steel 2.5" straight through exhaust system with 4-1 manifold, lambda sensor and single large back box, Koni adjustable suspension, uprated and very slightly lowered springs, poly bushes, retrimmed pretty much as new Coupe VX Recaro front seats. The body work and underside is good save for rust starting along the lower edges of the doors for which I have replacements anyway and OE Lancia skins.

I enjoy reading about other member's cars and their projects. Hopefully I will be able to add more about mine in the coming months. Did consider trying to make the Lancia AGM with it on the 18th July, but this isn't going to happen.

Regards,

Andybeta

* DSC00376.JPG (149.69 KB, 640x480 - viewed 466 times.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:24:23 AM by andybeta » Logged
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 12:07:55 PM »

Welcome to the forum Andy.

Thats a nice and clean looking engine bay  Grin

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
andybeta