Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:17:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing dashboard  (Read 3016 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: November 30, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »

Hello,
I am sorting out the wiring 'modifications' made to my Spyder to incorporate an immobiliser and Cd player made by the previous owner(s).
I have managed to trace most of the wiring/gadgets but a large amount of wires seem to disappear into the area over the glove-box and to the right of it. RHD vehicle.
Instrument panel is out OK and slot for the radio is empty.
I have located 3 nuts and 4 crosshead screws that look as if they will allow removal of the dashboard but it looks more complicated than that. Does heater unit come out seperately or does it remain insitu?
Any guidance and / or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

If I remember rightly then you have to take out the center air vents as there is a screw behind it that holds the lower dash panel to the heater unit and stops the dash from coming away easily. Heater can stay in situ. You should have three bolts, one behind instruments, one behind radio and one in glove box, two big screws at end of dash by doors. The dash should come out easily - well it did for me but it's heavier than you think. Take the steering wheel column trim surround off as this will give you more space to get the dash out.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
In the need, with much walking away and coming back, I got everything sorted out.
It is all the little things that you have to look at once the main nuts and screws are undone.
Yes, it was heavier than I expected.
All is done and was the only way I could get to the units from the alarm system. These were carefully fitted behind the sound proofing .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: