Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:09:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hello from a newbe  (Read 2463 times)
falcoron

« on: May 09, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »

Hi all.
just joined and although i don't have a Beta i want one!
my name is Ron and im a paint sprayer by trade. i have'nt done cars in years though and am in charge of a massive industrial paint plant here in Northern Ireland.
Im more than willing to give help and advice on painting or corrosion prtevention/ repair. So feel free if you need advice.

Used to restore vintage stuff years back and had a small bussiness 16 years ago doing similar and basic painting on modern stuff.

Would love a spider or a coupe righthand drive with leatherette/ leather seats.
paticularly like the light brown ones and would love a white car ( think that looks really good in the coupe.
I know very little about these lovely cars but would love one to restore. Any adive on which model is best to buy or avoid would be great.
Thanks
Ron

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 02:26:59 PM »

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum, I've not seen any Betas in N.I. when I've been over (Wife is from NI and her family are all still there)  I've seen a couple of Integrales & I know of two Hawk Stratos kits that have been built but Lancias are pretty much a rarity, but do correct me if I'm wrong.  My wife even looked into finding a Lancia to drive me to the church when we go married!

You've certainly started in the right place, I'm sure there will be a car that will suit your taste, although as I'm sure your already aware, unless you buy a "mint" car your going to have to do a bit of work on it, but thats half the fun! 

There are plenty of people on here that are willing to assist and advise so be sure to ask away :-)

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
falcoron

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »

thanks Matt.
You are right of course not many here but there is a guy close to me with a fantastic collection, a perfect concours integrale, full on 1980's fiat rally car and a ferrari.  Loads of dosh this guy.
Not in any hurry to buy just yet with the uncertain climate at the mo just lucky to be still in a job, but i will do a lot of reading and make my mind up when im good and ready. dont mind a bit of restoration and being a 70 - 80's car never mind italian there will im sure be lots to do in the bodywork department. but i wont rule out a nice minter if the cash allows at the time.
Cheers
Ron
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: