Lancia Beta Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:00:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bbs lm wheels  (Read 1773 times)
maz

« on: April 23, 2010, 03:17:18 AM »

hello ,i was looking at some alloys on ebay they are some bbs lm for a golf will they fit my beta styder,hope some one can help ,thankyou
markwast
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:54:21 AM »

Hi, some info you need to find out, what is the wheels central bore, its PCD (diameter between bolt holes.)

Std is 98mm but you can get away with 100mm but you will need wobble bolts, these cause some debate on the previous forum.

I have fitted this set up on my HPE without any problems, only a pain is when taking the wheel on and off, but you can but spogot rings to fit.

At the moment, looking at convert the hubs from bolts to studs to make life easier.

Mark
RickyJ

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »

I'm a big fan of BBS Style wheels and have been looking for something like these for ages - As far as I know BBS don't do anything in 4x98 Bold pattern. I don't know what budget your looking at but these people do a similar style to the LM Wheel:

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/pages/wheels_cast.html

They aren't cheap as they're custom made but you can get them made in whatever size you want. 
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »

I used Image wheels for my first Hawk Stratos replica, plus I bought a pair on behalf of a friend in Italy who crashed his Hawk Stratos and damaged both back wheels. There are a few things you need to be aware of before using these wheels:

Yes, they are expensive!  (My Image coffin spoke replicas were £1100)

The split rim style uses rolled steel and hence you cannot use them for competition.

Also, Image recommend that tyres are fitted using a "Butler Machine", otherwise you can end up damaging the rims, so check your local tyre fitters to ensure they have said Butler machine.

They are made to order so can take 6 weeks before you get them on your car.

Having said all that, they are very high quality and British made to boot - which makes a refreshing change and harks back to the good old days of British Engineering!

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: