Lancia Beta Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:52:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW KEYS?  (Read 1894 times)
lanciabaz

« on: March 25, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where to get replacement keys for my car. I have tried my local key cutter but he does not have any blanks. The door key has a number stamped on it.

Best regards, Barry
thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »

Depends on your location,
Advance locksmiths and County Locksmiths (Southampton) have blanks and the correct cutters.

also if I remember correctly one of the integrale guys in Locks Heath can cut them as well.

Geoff
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:44 AM »

I recently had a pair of door keys cut by Cooper Keys, 5 The Parade, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 4AE (01245 251399) via mail order. Unfortunately one didn't work at all and the other only works on one side and won't operate the boot lock. However Coopers are very helpful and are trying to re-cut the non working key for me. My existing key was very old and consisted of the shaft only, so this might be part of the problem.

If you give them a call I'm sure they will try to help.

Neil
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »

Just got my keys back. One now works on both sides but again won't shift the boot lock (which works fine with the old borken key shaft held in a mole grip).

Perhaps my old key wasn't very good as a 'model' for the cutting machine or the new blanks are not quite the right shape?. My feeling is that the new keys are not cut deep enough, but after saying that my old 2000ie had a key made from a piece of hand cut brass with the impressions knocked in with a metal punch and that worked fine.

Anyway, Coopers have bent over backwards for me but unfortunately with mixed results. Perhaps others needing keys would have better luck.
rossocorsa
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 09:09:23 AM »

better if you can to find a local place that can cut the keys and then take the car with you and try the keys straight away. If you search around there's sure to be a small locksmith somewhere near who has the cutting kit and the blanks gathering dust in a corner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: