Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:03:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uprated clutch  (Read 6187 times)
Grundo

« on: February 11, 2010, 11:28:31 PM »

Hello,

I am after some suggestions for a better than standard VX clutch.

I'm putting my VX engine back together which has had the flywheel lightened and has a 44DCNF and am also installing a Colotti LSD in the gearbox and so would appreciate some ideas on what to do for the clutch.

The standard clutch with thema friction plate worked very well on my run-about VX that I had a 45DCOE on but this one is for racing and with the LSD am guessing will have a little more stress on it. Local suppliers give me suggestions that seem quite expensive (thats when they can find an option) so I'm open to any ideas.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »

Helix have a very good reputation in Integralesbut I don't know if they offer one to fit a Beta.

Eric Weston is probably your man on this as I suspect the Monte's extra traction put's more strain on a clutch.
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 09:50:42 PM »

I use a Helix organic clutch supplied by Guy Croft on my Montecarlo. This is rated to 179ftlbs torque. The Fuel Injected VX has a new 8V Integrale clutch waiting to be fitted as the clutch sizing is the same and its torque rating is much higher than the old VX unit. The VX will have a Gripper LSD as it is overkill in my Montecarlo. It is worth discussing your plans with Guy he does not bite and can give a view on whether a sintered item is appropriate. If you will be dumping the clutch on high RPM starts and it really is a race only vehicle you need to get this one right and an organic plate might grenade under the strain!

Good Luck

Eric
Grundo

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »

I think  an 8V integrale clutch would probably do for what I want, is this the same as the thema turbo clutch?

Last question, is the cover plate a straight swap? I've read the only difference is the release bearing, is that correct?

Thanks for the help.
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »

Sorry for the delay I have not been here for a while. Yes the cover plate is the same to match the VX flywheel and the beta release bearing. There are a lot of performance 8V Integrale clutch options so you should be able to fin what you want.

Eric
archigraphe

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »

Hi to all,

What Clutch can fit on a standard 2l carb flywheel ?

I'll change the gearbox wiht one from a 1300 and doing this I think to myself It's was a good idea changing the clutch for the case I'll work on the power of the engine.....

I think to for compatibility between 2l carb and Vx, but they seems not compatible...or having to change the vx flywheel...

Are the strada 130tc / 8V 165cv Delta nor thema  compatible with the standard flywheel of the 2l carb ?

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 06:15:12 PM »

i think VX flywheel is bigger certainly the disc and cover are, you would probably be best to look at what options GC has available   
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »

The VX clutch is 228mm and 2l carb is 215mm. The VX flywheel and clutch will fit the std 2L.

I fitted an uprated 215mm clutch from SPEC in the USA and it has lasted well so far in my race spec 2L Beta running semi slick tyres.
archigraphe

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »

Ok I think I opted for a std or spec clutch for a 2l carb,

Fitting flywheel on the engine, need a balancing of the bottom engine...

I think I'll do this operation when  I'll do not need the garage from my friend.... Grin Grin

For my usage, regulation and 50-65 legend rally the shortened ratio from the 1300 gearbox and a standard clutch, would be good...

Perhaps a LSD for the future, and a completely revised engine?Huh?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are this disk ok for our 2l carb beta?

http://www.gt2i-classic.com/Disq-MFA-Ritmo-130-TC-215mm-23x20xEV-p-32422-c-7_27.html

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:56:44 PM by archigraphe » Logged
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »

It looks like it will fit OK, it has the correct spline. You would need an unrated pressure plate/cover as well to go with it.

Have you looked at my post "2 liter unrated engine rebuild" it is in the competition & tuning section of the forum. There are pictures of the clutch and lightened flywheel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: