Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kermette, my 76 coupe  (Read 21510 times)
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2016, 06:57:31 AM »

Hi Ian

Not in my car but in the "Reasonably Priced Car" i.e. a Kia Ceed with a cage. The Stig drove me in a Porsche GT3.

The Beta 2000 IE Oil block is alloy with an offset oil filter pointing down. I had steel brackets laser cut in a hockey stick shape then welded to a flat steel plate that just bolts to the flat face of the oil block.

* IE Oil Block with Plate & Brackets (Medium).JPG (210.52 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 553 times.)
lbcoupe76

Australia Australia

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2016, 09:29:30 AM »

That looks about what i may need, unfortunately the I.E was never sold in Australia. I'll have to keep an eye out for one from the U.K.

1976 Beta coupe 1800 "Kermette"
1975 Beta coupe 1800 x 2
1974 Beta Berlina 1800
1989 Thema i.e turbo
1988 Thema i.e turbo
Fiat 1500

Smoke me a Kipper i'll be back for breakfast
Aussie_Beta_1800

Australia Australia

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2020, 01:31:25 AM »

Hi Peoples, long time no post  Grin

Can't believe i am going to totally contradict my last post but here it is.

I have been very busy with a new business and as such things totally stalled on my coupe. during that time however i have come into possession of a VX engine and a whole heap of parts plus a few more vehicles (see my sig line). As such the plans for this coupe have changed slightly. This will now be running the VX engine, however not just the standard VX. The engine will be a fuel injected, supercharged and turbocharged twin intercooler job(sort of like a mini S4), and the chassis will be running the Integrale 4wd system.

I am not interested in making a total Frankenbeta so would like to keep it as Lancia as possible. As luck would have it i have now most of the parts i need to do this sitting in the shed in numerous box's and across a few cars. The build will be a slow one, body wise there is a lot to do. but when finished it should look reasonably factory as all the parts used will be Lancia.

I will be needing to pick the brains of all the amazingly talented and knowledgeable people on this forum, asking for advice and wanting feedback(and yes that includes criticism).

This will not be a check book operation as i just do not have the funds for that, so i will be doing just about everything myself and learning along the way for example i can mig but suck at tig so that will just have to improve  Grin.

When finished this will contain parts from Beta's, Thema's and Integrale's. I would love to have it going for next years Castlemaine rally however this is maybe a little optimistic as there are sure to be lot's of things that will need to be solved, and money spent on.

Did this ever happen or still happening?
Many have said they would like to put integrale running gear in a a beta but I struggle to even imagine how it would work, then you're talking about turbo AND supercharging??  Shocked
Anyone know of any beta that's had a successful engine transplant with something other than a 4cyl twin cam fiat? I know a few monte's that have but never seen a beta with one, would be cool to see.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: