Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:56:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Springs  (Read 16854 times)
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:42 PM »

Any plans on variation of springs available, i know it might not be finacially viable.
I'd be more than happy to try some 40mm lowered 160-200 lb/in  Wink

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »

Watch this space  Cheesy, new Catalouge page coming soon

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
thecolonel
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:53:13 PM »

That's no help, it wont appear on this page it'll be in the parts section.

on the same subject I've just aquired a set of Cusco height adjustable coilovers
c/w helper and main springs, 6 kg front 4 kg rear can't even squash them down
by hand.  I shall change the lower mountings for a set of Gamma ones and glue
all my fillings in.....

(came off an Impreza WRX)
markwast
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »

I can have springs made to order to your own spec , just send me details, Would expect beta springs to be approx £95 + VAT.

I have plans to get OE Spec  springs made for the coupe but expect them to be available March/April.

Mark
archigraphe

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »

An old topic reopen...

As it seem's non realistic to obtain a set of tropical beta sedan spring... Roll Eyes

I think to my self if there was a  solution to find spring not lowered but "strongered" for rally application ?

what do you think about???
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 08:35:54 AM »

North American spec or standard volumex might do they are both slightly increased on resilience to allow for extra weight
archigraphe

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »

So, where can i found the refs of the vx spring ? Trevi hpe or coupe?

Thank s'
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »

not sure the specs for the late cars are shrouded in mystery!! I'm afraid they didn't produce comprehensive data on the late models and I don't recall seeing any spring data amongst my stuff, what I can say is they are not all that much stiffer than standard
mangocrazy
Legendary Member

Graham Stewart

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 08:26:49 PM »

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but it's exactly on topic and in the right section so I didn't want to dilute information by opening a new thread.

Anyway - as my personal details will attest, I live in Sheffield. For someone with an interest in engineering, and motorbikes and a car to fettle, I doubt there's a better location in the UK. Pretty much anything and everything I need is within a radius of a few miles. As an example, I live just over a mile away from a company called Springcoil. It's even on my way to work. As you can guess from the name, they make springs; just about every type imaginable.

The other day I picked up a motorcycle shock spring that I'd ordered a week or so earlier. It cost me £55 and was made to my exact specification; free length, inside diameter, spring rate (either kg/mm or lb/in), powder coat colour and distance to coilbound (this can be an issue on bike shock springs). While I was there I asked about springs for the Beta and they said no problem, we can make whatever you want; shorter/longer, different spring rate etc. The price would be around £45 per spring. Is this the kind of price point that might elicit interest? Is this something that Betaboyz might be interested in following up?

If you would like more details about the company, this is their website: http://www.springcoil.co.uk/. They also make springs for other companies to sell (at higher prices) under their own brand name. One such company is D Faulkner springs, a well known company in Motorsport. Springcoil make all their stuff...

1980 Lancia Beta Spider 2000 (S2FL)
2002 VW Transporter T4
2017 KTM Duke 690R
2008 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
1992 Ducati 888 SP3
1988 Honda VFR750F
1980 Yamaha RD350LC
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 09:23:57 AM »

Thanks Graham, this is really useful information and it's good that you've put it on the Forum. I don't think there is a regular call for new springs, but anyone who does need them will now be aware of a low cost high quality supplier.

I didn't realise you were in Sheffield. I'm in Yorkshire too, up near Bradford. It seems to be coming round to a good proportion of the regular contributors to the Forum being North of Watford.
mangocrazy
Legendary Member

Graham Stewart

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »

Hi Neil,

Glad if the information can be of use. In my profile details I put Sheffield UK as my location, but that doesn't seem to appear in forum posts. Is there any way that this info can be made public (assuming people are prepared to do this, of course), as this can be very helpful?

I moved up to Sheffield about 15 years ago with a different job (previously lived in Stafford) and find it very agreeable. Within a radius of 5 miles of where I live I have top quality welders, zinc platers, chrome and electroless nickel platers, hot dip galvanisers, stainless and ali polishers, water and laserjet cutters and as many engineering firms as you can shake a stick at. Oh, and steel; lots and lots of steel...  Grin

1980 Lancia Beta Spider 2000 (S2FL)
2002 VW Transporter T4
2017 KTM Duke 690R
2008 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
1992 Ducati 888 SP3
1988 Honda VFR750F
1980 Yamaha RD350LC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: