Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Performance potential with standard 34DATR weber carb  (Read 5433 times)
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« on: December 07, 2009, 10:01:05 AM »

Hello all,

I am after advise on the performance potential of the std carb for my 2 liter coupe. I have just won the 1601-2000cc road registered class in the 2009 Tighe cams hillclimb series in QLD Australia, but to compete next year in the same class the rules say I need to remove my nice twin 45 DCOE sidedraughts and fit the standard manifold and twin choke carb.....I can of course change class, but then I will be up against 200BHP+ modern injected multivalve machinery...unfortunatley there were no injected or VX cars sold in Oz so these can't be used either.

Any one had experience of what potential there is with std carb or a different type of twin choke carb? My engine already has 10.8:1 CR and I am fearfull of detonation with std carb.

Thanks in advance

Ian
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »

You might try www.guy-croft.com - someone may have already asked the same.

If not Guy is usualy pretty forthcoming so long as you give him all the specs.
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

Thanks Stuart, will contact Mr Croft, I know he manged to squeeze 150BHP out of a single carb 1600 TC, but it used a Ford V6 38DGAS carb which is no good for transverse applications.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »

One trick I have heard of in formulae that require an OE carb is to modify the 2nd butterfly mechanism so that both open in tandem rather than one then the other. It shouldn't be of any benefit but it was reckoned to be an advantage in the Skoda rally championship over here many years ago.
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »

Thanks for the advice Guys, but have decided to stick with my twin 45 set up and run a different class than use the painfull std carb.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: