Lancia Beta Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:39:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing heater radiator Beta spider 2000 1979  (Read 193 times)
spider1979

Netherlands Netherlands

« on: May 16, 2024, 11:11:01 AM »

As the radiator of the heater is leaking seriously, I intent to change it together with the regulating valve, all hoses are already disconnected I have a replacement for radiator as wel as regulating valve.
Now is my question is there anybody on this forum  who has done this job before and can give me information on the sequence of dismantling and removing of the old radiator.
Thanks beforehand
Spider 1979.
SanRemo78

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 11:34:01 AM »

It's described in the Haynes manual on pages 270 onwards. But basically, remove the centre console, undo a couple of the control cables and the hoses you can get to. The bottom half of the assembly holding the heater matrix is held in place by 2 spring clips either side and should drop out when these are released. You ought to be able to remove the assembly and replace it fairly easily.

Guy

Hawk HF3000 - Square Arch Stratos Replica - owned since 1988.
Alfa Romeo 159 T1 2.4 Q4 Sportwagon - Believed one of 4 in UK.
Fiat Panda 100HP and now!
A Lancia Beta Coupe 1981 2 Litre
spider1979

Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 09:51:33 AM »

Thanks Guy, I was a bit worried as the situation in Haynes book is not exactly as in the latest versions of the 2.0 ltr Spider, v.i. ther are 6 clips holding the bottom casing, two of wich are stucked away against the engine bay bulkhead, you need baby hands and super power to release them. In the meantime thr element is changed and the bottom part refitted. Thanks again for your instructions.
greeting Jan.(spider1979)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: