Lancia Beta Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:19:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie from Tasmania, Australia.  (Read 261 times)
Alastair Watson

« on: January 27, 2024, 06:25:26 AM »

Hello and thanks for admission to your forum. 

My family have been into Italian cars since the early 1970s, with my father having owned a Fiat 850, a 500, a 1500, a 131 and an X1/9.  My brother has an X1/9, while I have an x1/9 and a 128 3P.  No Lancias yet, though. 

As a member of Tasmania’s main Italian car club, Club Motori Italia, I’ve grown to appreciate Lancias. There are several owned by club members, including a Beta coupe and three HPEs, one of which was rallied in Targa Tasmania a few years back.  There’s also a gorgeous Zagato bodied Fulvia Sport.

I have to admit that I’m looking for info on Weber 34 DATA carbies more than I am about specific Lancia Beta stuff.  I’ve got a 34 DATA on my 128 and have found it to be quite different to the 32 DMTR it came with.   It was an easy bolt-on upgrade, recommended by a local 128 guru (to be more accurate, he suggested a DATR but I simply couldn’t find one of them), with the same bolt pattern and shared linkages.   I re-jetted it to roughly specs I found on the X-Web for an X1/9 with similar mods to the engine in my 128 and got it running acceptably. However, there are still improvements to be made.

Sandro

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 04:59:33 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Alastair,

I imagine that someone will be along shortly to talk carbs with you.
You certainly have some fine roads to test them on down there, I've always thought that the Targa Tasmania looks like great fun!

All the Best Andrew.

1972 Honda cub
1984 Silver 2000i HPE
2005 Opel Vectra ( everyday )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: