Lancia Beta Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AI generated art + lancia beta=?  (Read 844 times)
chrisc

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 01, 2024, 11:24:02 AM »

Trying out Microsoft's new copilot mobile app, this is one of four responses it generated in response to "draw me a realistic picture of a lancia beta coupe in alitalia colours rallying on a mountain ridge"

Fascinating how its evidently found conflicting labelled images of betas and deltas and made a weird hybrid version!

Current:
S2FL Coupe 1600 (restoration project)

Former Lancias
HPE VX A52 VGK (parts donor)
C363 RPC (probably still sorned in cumbria with it's new owner)
SanRemo78

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 11:52:43 AM »

I wonder why it came up with an uneven number of spotlights? And to my slightly squinty eyes this morning (Happy New Year to one and all!) it has more of a hint of Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce to me!

And I'm also guessing that AI assumes drivers are superfluous? Isn't tech scary!

Guy

Hawk HF3000 - Square Arch Stratos Replica - owned since 1988.
Alfa Romeo 159 T1 2.4 Q4 Sportwagon - Believed one of 4 in UK.
Fiat Panda 100HP and now!
A Lancia Beta Coupe 1981 2 Litre
squiglyzigly

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 08:52:20 AM »

Yes I also find it quite scary. One day when the books have gone, AI will be able to rewrite everything!

VX HPE (resto started Sept ‘21)
Beta Saloon 2.0l s2 1979 (completed July 2020)
Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
Sandro

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 03:18:15 PM »

Thanks for sharing Chris, it's fascinating.

Occupying Creative roles for most of my career I have to admit to feeling more apprehension than excitement about A.I.
it's progress though I guess, and image, text, voice, music creation (etc) was inevitable. I'm certainly not wanting to start a long debate here, There's no doubt that it'll be an interesting road ahead,
A possibly perilous one however for many in creative based industries at the present time ..just like that mountain pass it generated.

Smiley

Thanks again for sharing.

A.

1972 Honda cub
1984 Silver 2000i HPE
2005 Opel Vectra ( everyday )
squiglyzigly

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 10:08:05 PM »

Only slightly related to this post, I stumbled upon this old Alitalia artefact last week. A lovely piece of mosaic set into the pavement just off of St Marks square in Venice. Probably from the 50-60s. Quite different from the red white and green that the works Stratos cars adorned.
Must of walked over it a handful of times without considering the design.

Ian

* IMG_4925.jpeg (511.72 KB, 1280x844 - viewed 124 times.)

VX HPE (resto started Sept ‘21)
Beta Saloon 2.0l s2 1979 (completed July 2020)
Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
Sandro

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 10:03:11 AM »

A Lovely piece of Artwork thanks for sharing Ian. It's interesting to have a piece of commercial artwork produced this way ( as a Floor Mosaic )
directions to their local agent I assume? I wonder if they're still there?
Based on the logo It could be from around the 40’s or 50’s I think, so 'many' feet would've walked over it, many eyes glanced down to read it.
it's not often that you see commercial signage outlive so many different iterations of the Authors logo! 
Interestingly Alitalias logo at this time also featured a ‘winged arrow’ ( similar to Lancia’s Lance ) which they dropped at some point.
I love this version of their logo however. Love the overlapping strokes on the main Characters on this version - something that I’d considered
doing on the design I made for Betas' 50th anniversary. Which by the way I’m considering reproducing on T-shirts as a couple of people have
expressed an interest but I'll make another post about that in the right place at the right time, thanks again for sharing, it's very nice to see stuff like this.   

Andrew.

1972 Honda cub
1984 Silver 2000i HPE
2005 Opel Vectra ( everyday )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: