Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:49:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Coupe Restoration  (Read 962 times)
Moorelli

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: June 08, 2022, 02:33:10 PM »

Hello all, I realise that this is a dumb question that is impossible to answer accurately but here goes........

I am about to choose a supplier to restore the bodywork of my 1981 Coupe. It is in reasonable condition having been stripped and complete. The main (normal) area that is of concern is the windscreen scuttle but a replacement panel will be supplied by BetaBoyz. The floor has a couple of areas of corrosion but the car was supplied with replacement floor panels which cover those areas so they will need to be fitted. Sills look OK but may require some work when more closely inspected. The rear suspension turrets are good so generally the car has not gone in the usual places. I am fully expecting more to come to light as it is being prepared but my dumb question is: what sort of amounts have people paid for a shell to be dipped, repaired where necessary and then painted. Any estimates, guestimates or experience would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Stephen
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 04:11:29 PM »

Hi Stephen

Sorry no idea on the dipping costs, hopefully Stuart can guide you on that. On the bodywork and paint that is a piece of string answer as it will depend on the time taken as most places will charge time and materials. That is certainly how my bodywork guy does. My last car back in 2010 cost £7.5k to repair (lots more than you outlined) and paint. He is about to start on my HPE which is not so bad condition this time, but prices have increased so not expecting any change from £12k and may be more depending on what he finds.

This time I have completely stripped the car unlike last time and he is also going to blast the shell.

The main problem is, once started no easy way to go back, so as they say, be prepared for the worst……

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
chrisc

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 09:51:10 PM »

On the scuttle panel, I had one made but it ended up being easier to repair my original, so that could save you some pennies if you're anywhere near bristol

Current:
S2FL Coupe 1600 (restoration project)

Former Lancias
HPE VX A52 VGK (parts donor)
C363 RPC (probably still sorned in cumbria with it's new owner)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 12:15:56 PM »

Stephen,

Sorry for the late reply. When I had my Spider stripped it was £925, the dipping and coating was £1575. Collection & delivery  was £0.85/mile. Not cheap but very effective. That's using a phosphoric dip not a hydrochloric one.  The company I used was Pro-Strip. I think Eric used someone else.  My personal experience of Surface Processing ltd wasn't the best when I used them for some panels.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: