Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:45:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marelli Contactless ignition : changing the coil ?  (Read 530 times)
Modano

France France

« on: June 04, 2022, 11:15:58 AM »

Hi
I have the contactless marelli on my Coupé (Pickup sensor, ignition module, SM806AX distributor )
My coil is a Marelli AEI200A and resistance measures are OK. It doesn't seem that there is any specific ignition weakness, but I have a brand new coil (Elprom B1174) I got a couple of years ago.
Is there any case when, (assuming HT cables, Distributor cap and spark plugs are ok), a coil with proper resistance measures is not deliviring its maximum output , and swapping to a new one would enhance the spark power ?

Same might go for the ignition module below the heatsink. On the other hand, I know the cable below the distributor rotor may wear, but I would experience misfires. Here this is not the case, so it's rather a potential free optimization.

Of course, assuming my Elprom coil is for contactless ignition but I cannot find anything on this reference. Not even sure the manufacturer is still alive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: