Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:20:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not quite a new member but a reintroduction  (Read 672 times)
Clifford

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: August 27, 2021, 11:00:28 AM »

Good morning all.
My name is Clifford, but Cliff is also ok.
I have been a member of the forum for a number of years but have not really participated because of time restraints. However, I am now retired and hope to participate a bit more in future although my technical knowledge is quite limited.
I follow what happens on the forum on a regular basis and never fail to be so impressed with the level of knowledge within the forum about our cars.
I for one would probably not have stuck with my car for the years I have, (15 I think) had it not been for this forum and particularly the parts supply which Mark tirelessly maintains for us and would like to thank and congratulate you all for your help the support you provide.

So a little about me.
I live on the Northants /Leics border and have an 81 red Spyder built in 1980.
I first got into Betas in the 80's when I saw a maroon Beta Coupe for sale sitting on the grass apart from all other cars which looked so boring in comparison.
I stopped, got out and went to look at it and was totally smitten.
I wasn't able to buy the car at the time but the next year saw a black HPE in another local garage and bought it.
I regret selling it after a few years, but company cars came along, money was tight and needs must.
I have also had a 2000i.e.Dedra and have driven an Alfa156, GT and more recently Brera as daily drivers.
I have been a member of the Lancia Motor club since the HPE days on and off.
I know a few of you guys. Tim W, Mark W, Tony, John with a Maroon Coupe and more recently introduced myself to Eric and Theo.
I have attended a lot of the LMC annual rallies, Betameetas (my daughter gets married tomorrow so unfortunately won't be with you at this year's) and usually attend Mitcar which I was at on Saturday.
Looking foreward to seeing you all along the way.
Best regards
C
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: