Lancia Beta Forum
April 17, 2024, 12:17:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windscreen Washer pump  (Read 1857 times)
chrisc

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: December 29, 2020, 11:38:15 AM »

Anyone with the tank that goes on the battery tray able to advise on how to refit the washer pump to the tank?

The pump goes through the wall of the tank with the black washer sealing against the face of the tank, the washer goes on the inside of the tank around the inlet from the pump, and the tabs on the inside diameter of the washer hold the pump in place through friction.

I removed the pump from the tank so I could try and give the tank a good scrub but I can't see how on earth I'm supposed to be able to hold that in place or secure the locking tabs whilst working through the filler cap of the washer bottle?

Contemplating just replacing the whole affair with a universal fit washer bottle, or maybe relocating to the windscreen scuttle.

Current:
S2FL Coupe 1600 (restoration project)

Former Lancias
HPE VX A52 VGK (parts donor)
C363 RPC (probably still sorned in cumbria with it's new owner)
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 01:07:59 PM »

You could try the sealing washers with the central rubber bonded seal pushed on with a ring spanner. If you go the tank in the scuttle IE style you will need brackets 1 bolts to the top of the heater the second is normally welded onto later shells so you need to decide if that is practical.

Eric
frankxhv773t

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »

Most later pumps just fit with a rubber grommet like one. Could that be an option?

* s-l1600.jpg (55.35 KB, 720x480 - viewed 244 times.)

1995 Dedra 2.0 16v SW
1987 Y10 Fire
1977 Beta Spider 1.6
1962 Flaminia Berlina 2.5
chrisc

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »

Most later pumps just fit with a rubber grommet like one. Could that be an option?

That looks very promising - thanks! my google fu had failed me at finding one that looked like it'd fit

Current:

Former Lancias
frankxhv773t

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »

That one is from a Fiat Ducatto but is identical to the ones on my Y10. If you have a trawl through Fiat parts you will probably find something shiny that is the right fit.

* Y10 new washer pumps small.jpg (126.68 KB, 1732x1154 - viewed 237 times.)

1995 Dedra 2.0 16v SW
1987 Y10 Fire
1977 Beta Spider 1.6
1962 Flaminia Berlina 2.5
chrisc

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 01:27:17 PM »

For any curious arrivals in the future -

This pump does indeed fit nice and securely to the bottle, and is watertight
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDSCREEN-WASHER-PUMP-FIAT-CINQUECENTO-SEICENTO-FRONT-FIAT-71711241-/272739877618

As anticipated, it fouls the battery tray (which is out for de-rusting / replacement). I've pictured it without the battery in situ - it's a snug fit with the new pump motor position against a standard type 75 battery in place, but it does work.

It might have been possible to drill out the rivets securing the original pump motor to the body, replace the motor and use a new grommet to try and keep the original outflow direction, but that's too many ifs and too much reliance on my cack handed drilling for me, so I'm going to settle for the new outflow + electrics direction and either cut away a bit of the battery tray or drill a hole in it to allow the pipework / wiring to go through it. I'm not into concourse competitions so this'll do for me  Grin

Current:

Former Lancias
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: