Lancia Beta Forum
February 26, 2021, 08:54:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beta Meeta 50th Anniversary 2022
https://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4385.0

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Triumph Spitfire - F/L 2.0 injection build .  (Read 311 times)
SPIT TC

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: November 28, 2020, 09:14:59 PM »

Hi ,
This started in ‘ New Members ‘ but I guess this is where it should continue .
Triumph Spitfire , F/L 2.0 injection .

I just received this well priced Beta head from a very helpful EBay gentleman , partly for the top water pipe which might be useful on my Delta reverse port head to connect the rear outlet forwards towards the radiator .

https://flic.kr/p/2kboi5V

Also I may possibly have found a standard sized crank for the 130tc engine I wish to sell .

I could also be closer to obtaining some Delta Carrillo rods . I think Eric kindly suggested these should be compatible with a 124/131/Beta type 2.0 crank ?

Matt Se.London 07733137231

Pics of Spitfire , parts and associated stuff at link below .

https://flic.kr/ps/3TSFa3
SPIT TC

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 03:30:49 PM »

Good afternoon,
I spoke with Lain Swan at SMD this morning regarding starting the build .
Lain once worked for Guy and remained a friend . If I heard right ( correct me if I am wrong , I imagine some on here will know ) he said that Guy’s funeral will be this Monday .
He will be attending .   RIP Guy .

Lain also says that SMD are currently fairly booked up , which is good to hear in these times , so a start date might not be until towards February .
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 03:59:22 PM by SPIT TC » Logged
SPIT TC

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 10:32:03 PM »

I was not sure about going the reverse port route but it might actually give me some advantage .
I have moved the engine back 4” compared to the Triumph position ( and 4” lower as it happens from PO’s ownership ) . This sits the F/L Tc engine slightly into the bulkhead . The worry then is , will either the carbs/injectors now on the drivers side or the header now on the passenger side , clear the bulkhead ?

Hopefully , the Webcon manifold , angled normally to move the carbs/injectors rear wards , out of the way of the drivers side front end of the block mounted distributor , will , now on the opposite side of the block move the injectors forwards from the bulkhead . Likewise the Allison’s header which on a regular TC head has the no 1 primary heading rewards from the front of the head will on a reverse port head now have the no 4 primary , heading forwards away from the bulkhead .
Hope that makes sense ?
This is just theory until I take the relevant parts into the garage so keeping my fingers crossed . Let me know if I am missing something please . Thanks
SPIT TC

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 07:47:56 PM »

Finally have some rods for this build .
Been busy with a couple of possible patent ideas of late but hopefully the block build can start soon .

* 36229B59-59B0-4F1D-9BC9-B1590710A51C.jpeg (77.17 KB, 375x500 - viewed 24 times.)

* 338D11A2-9AB3-46E9-9BBD-B6299995DE30.jpeg (40.76 KB, 375x500 - viewed 25 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: