Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:00:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: F/L TC UK  (Read 3155 times)
SPIT TC

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: October 22, 2020, 09:14:14 PM »

Hi there ,
I can’t claim to be anywhere near a Beta in truth but definitely F/L twin cam faithful  . Matt . LONDON . UK
https://flic.kr/ps/3TSFa3
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:51:52 AM »

My sort of lunatic and very welcome. I recognize several generations of Guy Croft work there including the Zylan Coated VX  Grin

Eric
SPIT TC

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 09:33:29 PM »

Hi Eric ,
I will be lucky to get anything completed prior to ‘ THE GRIM REAPER ‘ but I will keep on giving it a go .
Where are you based ?
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 10:15:22 AM »

I am in High Wycombe working on an endless Beta Spider build whilst I wait for Spring to get my Montecarlo out of storage.

Eric
SPIT TC

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 01:17:53 PM »

Not far from Bromley Eric .
Do post a couple of pics .
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 03:21:22 PM »

Have a Look under my name on Members Cars for both the Montecarlo and the current Beta Spyder build. Lots of photos already there.

Eric
SPIT TC

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 10:08:04 PM »

Very nice Eric , you clearly put some thought in . M
SPIT TC

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »

I am looking to sell on the rebuilt , ready to run 130tc Abarth engine seen with the link below . The engine has been fully rebuilt with all new seals and gaskets, new valve guides , valves reseated and shimmed , new oil pump , new water pump , and new cam belt and tensioner fitted . Every component either plated or vaporblasted . Block painted  in grey VHT . It is re-bored to 84.6 mm . The crank has been ground with new shells fitted , this is acceptable for road use but in case anyone wishes to further tune this engine , once found , a good std sized crank and std shells could also be included in the sale .
In addition I have a spare set of 84.6 Persan  HC pistons , an Allison’s lightweight flywheel , billet cams etc that could also be included .
Once a crank is found this will be listed under ‘ for sale ‘ . Do let me know of an appropriate v.good crank available please .
The intention is then to use this funding to ask SMD in Sittingbourne ( I believe the owner was a friend/ex employee of the late GC ? ) to prepare the new OE 2.0 Argenta short block I recently purchased , including new Ross forged HC pistons and quality forged race rods ( rods still to be purchased hopefully from GC or if not Wossener/Carillo poss’ with additional oil sprays ) and tri-metal shells . Oilways modded , auxiliary shaft modded , all balanced with my ultra light flywheel and Tilton clutch all with ARP bolts .
The idea ( totally unqualified for the record ) is to use either the existing dry sump currently fitted to my GC VX 1585 engine or if of the wrong dimensions , a newly fabbed additional copy of ‘ said sump ‘ made to the correct dimensions .

[ Please let me clarify here , I am not sadly any where near the EricW tier of TC/Beta members and so very welcoming of anyone’s suggestions/criticisms .]

Back to the block ,
 I currently think , it will then be fitted with the reverse port Integrale 47/38 freshly fully worked head also linked to below .
This will be run with the FI components including Webcon manifold , ATR throttle bodies , Pipercross socks , Sytec fuel components , Omex 600 management etc .
Don’t forget this will be powering the lightweight Triumph Spitfire . Sorry Betaboys ! No , not really !!!  Wink
As I said all input welcome .

https://flic.kr/ps/3TSFa3

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:54:33 PM by SPIT TC » Logged
SPIT TC

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 07:23:04 PM »

I also have a quick question please .
Can an Integrale crank be used in a 124/131/Beta type block if one is running dry sump ?
Thank you . Matt
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 09:48:22 AM »

I do not think you can use the Integrale crank due to it driving a crank mounted oil pump and the associated belt line up issue. TBH I am not sure if anyone has direct experience or can confirm this. Sadly GC will not be answering.

Eric
SPIT TC

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 12:01:15 PM »

Thank you Eric , you may have noticed on the GC site that I had just approached Guy , unaware of his condition , he asked me to call him but tragically that call did not get answered . A great shame as I never came to know Guy properly .
He had posted regarding the nose driven oil pump but I was not sure whether  if one was not to use a pump directly driven by the crank if it would not be compatible but may be as you say the pulley side of things may be different , I’ll try to figure it out .
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:23:24 PM by SPIT TC » Logged
SPIT TC

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 07:33:33 PM »

Hi ,
Sorry , I should have started this in the ‘ engine ‘ forum so I will switch over now .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: