Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:25:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cambelt Tool Fixture 88013039  (Read 1618 times)
DaveFrick

United States United States

« on: September 02, 2020, 11:30:18 PM »

I just acquired an 81 Beta Zagato 2.0 FI.  The mileage is 91,000 miles and the prior owner has never done a timing belt.  I think it needs to be done upon acquisition to create a baseline.

I scored a US Factory workshop manual from Ebay.  It shows the cambelt change in and out of car.  I will be doing it in car.  The recommend the factory fixture 88013039 to align the key timing points- crank/auxilary/cams.  Checking Youtube for the Lambredi 4 cylinder DOHC build and using a Fiat motor as an example; the builder lines up the cams easily to the points top of engine, sets the crank at approximately 2 o'clock, and sets the aux pulley using two points to create an imaginary line with the mark centered.  I suspect this is how the Haynes manual presents it.  However it seems not as precise as it should be.

So the question(s);

A cambelt change should occur? and
Assuming so, does anyone have the factory tool for sale or is there an aftermarket tool that would work as a substitute?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:52:19 PM »

Hi Dave

You do not need the tool. Many of us have done it without it. See here as an example and there is a video listed at end of the thread.

https://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2146.0

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: