Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:39:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Normous Newark AutoJumble - 20th September 2020  (Read 1596 times)
JohnFol

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: August 26, 2020, 01:22:12 PM »

https://www.newarkautojumble.co.uk/

Not been before and would be interested to hear if it's worth a trip
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 05:07:41 PM »

Hi John

Do not let me put you off and obviously may be a bit different due to Covid to when I last went which was a fair few years ago. I was a bit miffed at the entry fee for the privilege of spending more money, but guess that is the way of it. It was a reasonable size and the venue is a regular show ground so well organised and flat with decent pathways. Not sure how much Lancia content you will find if that is your main interest. Also recommended to me know what you are going for is a good idea.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 06:30:56 PM »

It's ok but it's not all that enormous and it depends what you are looking for. Not too bad if its not too far away
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 07:49:50 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
JohnFol

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »

It's a substitute for not being able to go to Beaulieu, and I know it'll be smaller!

Partly a day out and I have a few bits of trim that have seen better days. If I spotted these bits the trip is worth it but also like the idea of browsing for inspiration. For example, I'm fairly sure the switches are same size as a car I used to own, so the idea of having a replacement set, with non-faded graphics and a fresher look appeals.

And yes, the idea of paying to spend money feels wrong. I don't pay to enter a shop so why should I to enter a computer fare, antiques market etc.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 03:21:00 PM »

It's a substitute for not being able to go to Beaulieu, and I know it'll be smaller!

Partly a day out and I have a few bits of trim that have seen better days. If I spotted these bits the trip is worth it but also like the idea of browsing for inspiration. For example, I'm fairly sure the switches are same size as a car I used to own, so the idea of having a replacement set, with non-faded graphics and a fresher look appeals.

And yes, the idea of paying to spend money feels wrong. I don't pay to enter a shop so why should I to enter a computer fare, antiques market etc.

Just go not expecting to find any Lancia bits and if you do it's a bonus! Also if you need any nuts bolts fastenings and general consumables make a list before you go, I never do then can't remember what I need! Tools and bits n bobs can be very good value.  The range of stuff isn't as diverse as you would find at Beaulieu
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 06:01:15 PM »

Hi John

You would do better to visit Mark Milne. You can probably find all you need. Just make sure you get all you need in a visit and allow plenty of time. Mark is a fantastic guy, but you need to respect his time. He does not do mail order!

Good Luck

Eric
JohnFol

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 05:38:56 PM »

Tickets booked and staying over night before to catch up with a few locals, so will be there on the Sunday.

Eric, if I can't find the bits I'm after I might come back to you for Mark's details
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: