Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:10:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ex owner - but looking at an HPE ! A252TKX  (Read 2718 times)
Digritz

United Kingdom United Kingdom

these are not the droids you are looking for

« on: July 23, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »

Hi all, New to the forum but not to Lancias. My first car as a beta 1600 coupe, white withthe bright orange interior ! So cool.
Im lookin gta an HPE VX, and wondered if anyopne knew it. its A252 TKX.
Does anyone know the car and have any tips of what to look at when buying, other than its rusted out in all the usual places !!!

Also, does anyone have access to the recaro interiro they did in a few of the VX's? Id love to find one and swap out, assuming I get this. Many thanks !

PS - I also opwn Kermit, which someof you may know !

Cheers RH .
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 06:44:27 PM »

Hi Rob

The VX Coupe interior is Rocking Horse Poo rare so do not bank on that. Check the VX unit for nasty noise carefully they are expensive. Otherwise the normal rust inspection. There is a buyers guide on this forum that is worth reading.

Enjoy 

Eric
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »

For an HPE VX you need the front seats out of an early carb turbo Delta as they used the same colour trim. You are very unlikely to find any TBH, coupé VX seats are more common but don't come up often and are a different colour.

That HPE had been discussed at some length on here and Facebook, difficult to say if it's a good or bad buy just from photos but I guess it probably needs a nut and bolt rebuild. I think it depends on the individual and what you are prepared to do. With some negotiation I imagine it's probably as cheap as you'll find a running VX for these days.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:09:13 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 09:23:02 PM »

Hi

I think this thread is for the same car, may be worth contacting the original poster. Also note the Facebook reference.

https://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4204.0

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
jimincov

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 08:48:24 PM »

Hi everyone,

i guess this is actually the right place to introduce myself - I bought A252TKX and it now resides in my dads garage in coventry... I know some of you from my montecarlo days and am really chuffed to be a Lancia owner again!

like alot of people I had been watching the car for a long time and actually thought it was sold... the facebook discussion actually brought it back to my attention so I booked a train up to preston.

I just love HPE's and the VX is such and interesting car I thought that its now or never...

The VX will be a father & son weekend project and the hope is to keep the car running and roadworthy whilst we sort all the 'classic issues' !

previous description of car is pretty accurate. interior very good - engine seems sweet - not driven much yet but intend to soon. it has an alloy replacement fuel tank but otherwise basically original and standard.

the underneath seems good and the previous owner did a decent job of getting it driving well.

loving the advice and guides you have shared here and intend to do necessary checks on blower condition etc but so far all seems sound.

need to resolve stuck down passenger window and reluctant wipers next - some parts already delivered from betashop - what a godsend.... new middle box going on at the weekend.

other jobs on the list are non original fog light removal, sunroof removal and overhaul (sags at rr left corner when closed.) wheel clean up and paint (any advice?) then start on the bodywork...

its nice to have this as a no pressure weekend project and looking forward to meeting some familiar faces again in the future.

best regards,

James

* IMG_2473.jpg (1231.49 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 342 times.)
Sandro

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 09:55:46 PM »

Congratulations on your new acquisition James,
It's nice to know another HPE is receiving some TLC. 

Good luck & keep us posted on your progress.

A. Smiley

1972 Honda cub
1984 Silver 2000i HPE
2005 Opel Vectra ( everyday )
andybeta

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 01:26:21 AM »

Wow looks original from the outside. So rare to see them with the pinstripes down the sides. Must be the original paint. How much did you pay for it?
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 08:56:30 AM »

Well done! On the wheel re-furb get them stripped and spun at a tire fitters first to see if they are straight. If not find the extras needed and use someone like Pristine Alloys. A rattle can re-furb would take a huge amount of time and not last long.  Wait till spring for buying tires you can roll the car around on bent wheels with old tyres if needed and sell the wheels for scrap when done.

Enjoy

Eric 
jimincov

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 10:15:25 PM »

thanks all - the car passed its mot at the weekend with no major drama so Im very happy with that! the windscreen wipers operate perfectly now a random piece of piping that was wedged in the mechanism dropped out once all the bolts to remove and re-grease it were loosened... nice when its that easy!
next jobs are rear brake calliper removal and refurb (broken nipple in one) and then sort the wheels - i will investigate as per erics suggestions.
the rear wiper is not working at the moment however the rear washer pump is 'always on' if plugged in. perhaps a faulty switch?
cheers all - james.

* IMG_2754h.jpg (1124.12 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 271 times.)
GerardJPC

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »

Have fun!  I very much rated my HPE Volumex A20 VLX - a seriously usable fast and stylish family car.

1979 Beta 1600 Coupe

1962 Lancia Appia Series 3 Berlina
1973 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe 1800
1973 Lancia 2000 HF Coupe
1981 Lotus Eclat Series 2
1981 Yamaha YB 100
1982 Moto Guzzi V50 Monza
1983 Land Rover Series 3 88
2005 Alfa Romeo 156 Crosswagon Q4
2009 Jaguar XK Coupe 5.0
mtulloch

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »

That's great news, another one back on the road. One of the first things I've done with all of my HPE's past & present is separate the rear wiper/washer onto separate switches so the rear wiper can run continually in heavy rain as the original design off the same momentary switch is rubbish.
Please relocate the VX badge to the correct position too. It offends my OCD!

* SAM_4842.JPG (283.52 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 216 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: