Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:58:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's been a while !  (Read 1323 times)
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« on: June 15, 2020, 11:18:13 AM »

I've logged in today for the first time in probably 6-7 years, emigrating to France has been a massive adventure, and starting two businesses from scratch has had its challenges but here we are, extremely happy and settled, and hence, now that things are a bit more settled I can enter my garage/workshops and spend time on my Betas (we have added an Ypsilon to the fleet which is Mrs NoVAT's fabulous little runaround).

When I moved from the UK I was separated from my 1976 1600 Coupe chassis, that was a long, expensive story which I shall not bore you with, but luckily for me I have an excellent friend who went and recovered the car from the guy who had messed me around/turned me over and he took the car back to his workshop.  His bodywork guys assessed what had been done and what was required to put it right then paint the car, which they did.  He stored the car in his storage facility for over 4 years, then surprised me when they came to France for my 50th birthday party and the played the "Car SOS" trick on me and re-united me with my car (not refitted though as I have the rest of the cars components here with me but it has a running engine and it does drive).  I honestly didn't have a clue and I admit that I had a bit of an emotional moment after all those years of not seeing it.  There are still some little issues to resolve..... front windscreen is another long, expensive saga but hoping that is resolved shortly.

So, now I'm starting the refit of the S1.  I still have my S2/FL 2000 Coupe (VNX), just couldn't face selling her after 30 years of ownership.

I am really pleased to see that the forum is still just as active and the members are still as passionate as ever!

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
mangocrazy
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Graham Stewart

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »

Well hello, and welcome back! I did wonder how you were getting on and how the France adventure was shaping up - all good, it would seem! Very glad to hear you've been reunited with the S1 and that it's safely back in your hands. Look forward to hearing more of life in La Belle France... Smiley

1980 Lancia Beta Spider 2000 (S2FL)
2002 VW Transporter T4
2017 KTM Duke 690R
2008 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
1992 Ducati 888 SP3
1988 Honda VFR750F
1980 Yamaha RD350LC
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 01:17:10 PM »

Welcome back Matt

Glad you are able to feed the Lancia addiction and you were rescued from one of the far too many motor trade rogues.

Eric   
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »

Remind me, who are you again ? Wink
Sandro

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »

Welcome back Matt,

I'm a more recent member (in relation to many of you) but I've read and found your posts useful.
It's good to have you back on here.

Great story about your S1, you have good friends.
I also had an unpleasant experience with a Garage I'd entrusted my beta too ( mostly work he said he'd done and charged me for but hadn't )
the downside is he's still in business and probably doing the same to others, the upside is I've learnt alot more about my car than I otherwise would have done.   

Smiley

Andrew.   

1972 Honda cub
1984 Silver 2000i HPE
2005 Opel Vectra ( everyday )
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 08:34:39 PM »

Good to have you back Matt  Grin did you notice a certain red Coupe on the banner pic  Wink

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 09:10:53 PM »

Thank you all, old friends and new.

Yes, I noticed my red coupe in the banner  Smiley Smiley

Had some good news today, the third screen for my S1 has been manufactured and is now in Basingstoke.  Hooray! 

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: