Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:24:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyder Zagato Roof Supplier?  (Read 1784 times)
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: February 26, 2020, 11:15:07 AM »

Hi Beta Fans

I am re-building my rear hood frame currently and will soon need a new hood to fit to it. Where have you sourced a new hood?

If I really have to I can get a trimmer to custom make one from my pair of old ones, but I am not finding them listed anymore from Google searches?

Thanks

Eric   
spydervx

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 12:34:16 PM »

Hi Eric,

I have only got as far as quotes, as other more pressing items keep moving up the list, but the two companies I approached were:

Prestige Auto Trim based in the Wirral
and, I think
Don Trimming Company Ltd in near Birmingham.

Both gave different fabric options.  Based on the last quotes Don Trimming were more economic  (Their website lets you spec up the hood online).
Best wishes,

Gerry

Lancia Beta Spyder vx 77
Lancia Beta Coupe 2.0 78
Alfa gtv 3.0 v6 lusso 98
Suzuki Jimny SZ5 2019
Suzuki gs500 99
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »

Hi Eric

I will see if I can find the guy I bought mine from, he was in the US and we bought a canvas and vinyl, both were not so expensive and of good quality. This was quite a few years ago, so he may no longer be around. The original website is now defunct, but he was mainly an Alfa guy if my memory serves me well.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 05:49:05 PM »

Hi Gerry

That is really useful. Thank you I am hoping someone can confirm the fit and quality from either of these suppliers. I have to get the powder coat and straps stripped and replaced on the frames first as I have the normal flaky powder coat sitting over surface rust to deal with and of course new catches ready to go.

I remember fitting these before and it is no fun at all even before the vinyl shrinks and pulls away from the hold down bar!

Cheers

Eric     
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 06:57:20 PM »

i got my hood from america last year and it fits a treat, even with excessive shipping it was cheaper than the french company advertising on ebay for £440.00....i will try to find my invoice from american firm
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 07:56:13 PM »

this is the company name listed on ebay for american supplier, although they dont advertise lancia hoods anymore , they do many other hoods , so could be worth messaging -
diamondmall
UseD.D Auto Accessories is a Premium distributor for the finest convertible tops and seat covers since 1989 r-ID diamondmall (Feedback score 22311
JohnFol

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 02:47:47 PM »

I know this is a slightly old thread, however I have mine booked in to https://www.trimmania.com/in Berkshire (UK) in a few weeks time. Probably going for mohair but they also do a vinyl option
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: