Lancia Beta Forum
September 29, 2020, 12:04:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2020 events calendar filling up nicely
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=88.0
 
   Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Betameeta Yorkshire 12th September (new date)  (Read 6326 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
HFStuart
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 1736



« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 11:29:28 PM »

If I might borrow a current popular phrase, me too.

I've booked for Friday and Saturday night and a curry sounds great. Obviously it won't be as good as a Brick Lane/ Birmingham / Glasgow (delete as appropriate) one but I'll just have to make do Wink

I've been meaning to visit Saltaire for ages, some photo opportunities there perhaps? Or up to Ribblehead perhaps?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:36:14 PM by HFStuart » Logged
WestonTB
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 59


« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2020, 05:35:17 PM »

OOP'S,

Bit late to this, count me in!  Smiley

Tim.
Logged
WestonTB
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 59


« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2020, 06:39:59 PM »

Just booked Jacob & I in at Abbey lodge for the Saturday night, fancy a convoy up Gerry?

Tim.
Logged
spydervx
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 28



« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »

Hi Tim,
Definitely!
Logged

Lancia Beta Spyder vx 77
Lancia Beta Coupe 2.0 78
Alfa gtv 3.0 v6 lusso 98
Suzuki Jimny SZ5 2019
Suzuki gs500 99
johnb
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 80



« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2020, 04:11:36 PM »

Hi All
I'm booked in at the Abbey Lodge Hotel, Shipley.

Looking forwards to it!

Cheers
John
Logged

1977 Beta 2000 HPE (2nd Series), 1981 Beta 2000 Coupe (2nd Series/FL), 1988 Delta HF Integrale 8v
Aitch
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 16


« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 09:39:19 PM »

Hi Guys... I haven't disappeared and will join you if I possibly can. Business has fallen off a cliff with the virus, so I might have to work that weekend, but will come up for at least a day (and that curry) if I possibly can. The VX is running well and looking forward to some proper company. I swapped the Giulietta for a Stelvio a while ago: it's fast and fun, but doesn't have the feel of the road... H.
Logged
HFStuart
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 1736



« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 11:31:32 PM »

I'm just hoping that by July we'll be out and about again. The test match at Lords I was looking forward to looks very doubtful and that's at the end of June.

Fingers crossed.
Logged
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563


1979 1300 Coupe


« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »

Dependant on the small print of peoples hotel bookings, and that the hotels are still in business, I'm going hang on as long as possible before making any announcement. I'll review towards end of June.
Logged
Thotos
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 364


Theo Kyriacou


WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 03:47:23 PM »

Dependant on the small print of peoples hotel bookings, and that the hotels are still in business, I'm going hang on as long as possible before making any announcement. I'll review towards end of June.

I've checked with the Abbey Lodge hotel and there should be no problem with late cancellations. Here's what they said:

Hi Theo
 
Thank you for your enquiry.
 
To cancel a reservation without charge we must be notified no later than 10am the day prior to arrival.
 
In the case of a late cancellation only the first night of the booking will be charged.
 
Hope that clarifies the situation.
 
Regards
 
Gary


The Abbey Lodge Hotel
62 Kirkgate
Shipley
West Yorkshire
BD18 3EL

W: www.abbeylodge.net
T: [01274] 583854
F: [01274] 532416
E: abbeylodgebradford@email.com
Logged

Theo Kyriacou
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

England England

Posts: 729



WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:23 PM »

That's very kind of the hotel, I'm happy to keep my booking for now and see how things go.

T
Logged

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored)
2004 Skoda Fabia VRS(Daily)
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563


1979 1300 Coupe


« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 12:55:03 PM »

My plan is for a yes/no on 4th July, unless it becomes clear that leisure activities are off before then.
Logged
Thotos
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 364


Theo Kyriacou


WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 03:49:50 PM »

My plan is for a yes/no on 4th July, unless it becomes clear that leisure activities are off before then.

Good plan!  Wink
Is it on purpose you chose Independence day to decide?  Cheesy Grin


* thumbsup2.jpg (41.98 KB, 254x176 - viewed 167 times.)
Logged

Theo Kyriacou
HFStuart
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 1736



« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 04:17:48 PM »

25th March is independence day for Theo...
Logged
Thotos
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 364


Theo Kyriacou


WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »

25th March is independence day for Theo...

 Wink Grin
Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563


1979 1300 Coupe


« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »

My plan is for a yes/no on 4th July, unless it becomes clear that leisure activities are off before then.
In the PM's plan 4th July is quoted as the earliest possible day for hotels etc. to open. What are the group's feelings about a postponement? 12th September to be on the safe side? Or suggest another date?
Logged
HFStuart
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 1736



« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2020, 10:10:51 PM »

Much as I hate to say it I think postponement is a good option. 1 week after the earliest possible date is too soon especially as we have no idea in what way the pubs / restaurants / hotels will be able to open.
Logged
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 2123



« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2020, 10:33:45 PM »

Hi

We are having to visit my elderly parents once a week (still at home in their 90s) to ensure food arrives and do any necessary jobs, fortunately I am mainly retired, so will not be looking to travel far from home for some time.

Peter
Logged

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Saab 9-3 1.9Tid Cabrio
Thotos
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 364


Theo Kyriacou


WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 12:01:18 AM »

I am one of those naive optimistic people that was hoping that all will be well by July and Betameeta would be able to go ahead. But when I heard on the news today that 4th July is the earliest possible date for the hospitality sector being able to open, my first thought was that it's too close for comfort for Betameeta. 12th September should be OK for me as it's the weekend before the Gamma Consortium weekend. But if we postpone, do we have to postpone so far in the future? My suggestion would be to wait a while longer and see what happens by mid-June and see how the PM's roadmap for coming out of lockdown is progressing. If we then postpone Betameeta, which we'll most likely have to do, maybe we won't need to postpone as late as September but might be able to do a late July or early August date.
Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563


1979 1300 Coupe


« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2020, 07:56:15 AM »

Stuart/Peter, sorry, I don't really understand your posts. Are you saying you are in favour of a postponement to August/September, or abandonment?

Theo, I think you are right, I'll give it another four weeks and see where we are. However 4th July seems fixed, so can only move back rather than come forward. An August date would be OK with me.
Logged
HFStuart
Legendary Member
******
Offline Offline

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Posts: 1736



« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2020, 08:55:40 AM »

In favour of postponement. Not in favour of cancelling.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!