Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:23:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete wiring diagram for a 1978 HPE? (And non working direction indicators)  (Read 3271 times)
Per

Norway Norway

« on: August 29, 2019, 11:32:17 AM »

All, the wiring diagrams I have access to are incomplete in that they do not show all components / wiring. Does anybody have a complete one in pdf or jpeg? The specific problem today is that the direction indicators do not work (at all). But the Hazard flasher have them happily flashing away.

The white wire going into the switch on the steering column should be live and further upstream the red/black going into the flasher unit should be live. No luck. Question is where does the hazard relay enter the equation? Is there an in-line fuse going into the flasher relay? Or do I have  break somewhere between the fuse (No 9) and the flasher?

I guess the hazard flasher is connected at the indicator lamps in the dash?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:14:36 PM by Per » Logged
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 01:10:26 PM »

Looking at the schematics in the Haynes manual I believe there is an error at the dash repeaters. I will check the original diagram from Lancia tonight.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 05:03:48 PM »

Isn't this likely to be a bad earth somewhere?
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »

Looking at the schematics in the Haynes manual I believe there is an error at the dash repeaters. I will check the original diagram from Lancia tonight.
Not sure that Haynes has all the correct diagrams, it's a bit of a mishmash TBH. If you are stuck I probably have the correct one but no time to dig it out and photograph today. If you still need it please post whether pre or post facelift and I'll look another day
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:52:11 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
swedgamma

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 10:45:49 AM »

Hello from Sweden!

From my Beta driving experience, indicator problems has been in the stalk itself,corroded and/or overheated contact points,sometimes they can be cleaned/polished or when burnt/melted down , its probably best to exchange the unit.I have some of those if you need!

Swedgamma
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »

It was indeed the stalk switch. Fortunately I had one stashed away :-)  All is well in that department again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: