Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:41:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Upper Suspension spring mounting - Corrosion Repair  (Read 1447 times)
RoyBoyScottie

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: September 14, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »

Considering buying a Beta Coupe but it would appear both Rear Upper Suspension spring mounting areas are corroded.

Not being too familiar with this area of the cars, how big a job is it to repair these? I understand this is a common issue with Betas.

Is there anyone based in the south /south east who can do these repairs?

Thanks
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »

It's a quite big repair, the actual strut top mount will probably be fine but lower down the inner arches will need lots of welding, also most likely the area where the floor meets it in the boot. If you haven't taken the rear seats out there is likely to be more corrosion in the inner arches there. It's not disastrous though and overall they aren't really any worse than anything other project from the same era.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:53:24 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
RoyBoyScottie

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »

I'll be sure to give the car a thorough check over in that region. Have asked the seller to get her up on a ramp when I go view it. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: