Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta VX chrome vs black window trim  (Read 818 times)
LANCISTA

« on: November 24, 2023, 07:56:23 PM »

I have been looking at a few VX’s for sale outside of the UK and found on most cars that the windows, windscreens and rear boot lid surround trims are in chrome unlike the UK cars I have seen that are black. Does anyone know if this is just a case of the black finish has chipped or weathered off or were non UK cars specified with chrome finish trims?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:57:57 PM by LANCISTA » Logged
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 11:35:35 PM »

The trims are stainless steel and for the final series cars they were over painted in a satin black finish, this wears down over time looking patchy and many people have simply taken the black completely off. Personally I think to look right they need repainting but it's a matter of personal taste.
Sandro

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 06:12:36 PM »

That's correct the stainless steel surrounds were painted over with black on the later models, and although it's a matter of taste personally I'd always go with period correct! this view point was thoroughly tested however when I removed and reconditoned the rear window surround on my 84 HPE after taking off what was left of the black paint to reveal the shiny stainless steel beneath! it looked so nice and polished up so well that it was very hard to paint over. Wink

1972 Honda cub
1984 Silver 2000i HPE
2005 Opel Vectra ( everyday )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: