Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:22:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: BEETAMEET JULY 2018 -Open to all Lancia model owners!  (Read 17223 times)
Dodgems

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:17 AM »

Hi All

So BEETAMEET part one for this year will be held in Somerset. I believe another is belong discussed and arranged for later in the year which is great news!

Please keep Sunday 8th July free in your calendars and join us for a great day out driving and meeting up with fellow forum members. We are also incorporating within the drive a visit to the  'Holy grail unit' of Lancia Beta parts run by Mark Wastnidge, so any orders can be collected on route and any parts you didn't know you needed until you saw it can be bought. 

Meeting for free bacon sarnies etc between 9.00 and 10.00 for a 10.30 start time at Riverside Cottage, Bickenhall, Taunton, TA3 6TU. Sat navs will bring you straight to the door. We are just off the A358, four miles from the A303 from London and five miles from junction 25 of the M5 so we are very accessible.

Would appreciate a heads up purely for breakfast numbers. We have several Premier Inns and Travel Lodges within a few miles. Any questions please ring or text me on 07765 523 656.
Email: elmtreehomes@hotmail.co.uk. Hope to meet up with as many of you as possible. Even if your Lancia won't be on the road in time please feel free to come along anyway.

Amanda

Amanda Dodge - Taunton, Somerset

1979-Series 2 Spyder
1985-Volumex Coupe
1976 Lancia Beta Saloon
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 09:28:26 PM »

I'll be getting very drunk watching The Cure in Hyde Park on the 7th so I won't be able to make it sadly. Sounds like a great location though.
WestonTB

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 11:19:46 PM »

I need a bacon sandwich and a spare accelerator cable, see you approx 9 am!
Tim.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:46:53 AM »

I need a bacon sandwich and a spare accelerator cable, see you approx 9 am!
Tim.

When are you travelling down and where are you staying Tim? I'm still a bit in the balance, but If I do make it perhaps we could drive down together?
WestonTB

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:09 PM »

Planning on wafting down on Sat the 7th, convoy sounds good to me, travel lodge/premier inn type place somewhere on the M 5? I get confused south of Chesterfield so your guess maybe better than mine!

The Lime resides close to the M 6...  Three Beta's would be good!!!
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 07:03:06 AM »

I have managed to turn Betameeta into a full on road trip this year.

I need to be in Croydon for work on Thursday 5th, so I'm driving down there in the Beta on the 4th. Working in Croydon then driving to see my Brother near Newbury on the Friday evening. Saturday drive to the campsite near Chard (see you there Tim!)

Sunday - Betameeta.

Monday, drive to Bristol where I am staying for 2 days for my Son Jack's graduation in Bath on Tuesday. Wednesday drop the Beta at Bristol Parkway to get the train into London for another work meeting. Due back at Parkway 1540hrs when I will take the scenic drive back home via Cirencester etc.

Mileage tbc....
smithymc

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 07:47:17 AM »

That’s commitment and planning for us to admire Neil! Hope it all runs smoothly.

Doesn’t look like I’ll be able to make it as things stand, but hope everyone has a great time.

Mark
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »

just preparing to pack up the car. See you all Sunday....
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »

260 mile motorway drive polished off nicely. It was hot!
WestonTB

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 10:36:57 PM »

Looking forward to our waft down the motorway, gear linkage popped apart coming home the other night, no worries as selected third on the box, that covers most bases, new Betaboyz part fitted straight away minus circlip! (impossible to get on in situ) Lets see if it holds!!!

See you soon.

Tim & Jacob (co-driver)
smithymc

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 06:53:38 PM »

Hope you both had good trips and are recovering and rehydrating .

Be careful in that hot tub!

Have a great day tomorrow.

Mark
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 09:04:22 PM »

Thanks to all involved today, Steve and Amanda for providing a venue and refreshments and Mark for the scenic route. Probably a bit more eventful than some people would have liked, hope everyone made it home without issue...
The delta went faultlessly all day and the fan certainly had a good work-out today! Longest journey in about 4 years and certainly the longest run i've ever had chance driving it, returning a respectable 26 mpg over todays 180 round trip.
Pics... https://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad/sets/72157693038247970
Back in the Beta for the next one Smiley Marcus.

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
smithymc

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 08:20:42 AM »

That looks a fantastic turnout- what a variety of cars, many new to me at least.

I am sure we will learn more about how eventful it was! It was a day to make even the moderns shudder. We had Camperjam down the road from us yesterday at Weston Park so the roads were strewn with  VW camper casualties by about teatime!

Well done all!

Mark
Sandro

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 02:00:35 PM »

It looks like a great time.

Were there any HPE's ? if not I'll try to rectify that on the next outing.
Mines almost ready for a decent run now.

Thanks for sharing.

All the Best, 

Andrew.

1972 Honda cub
1984 Silver 2000i HPE
2005 Opel Vectra ( everyday )
Aitch

Scotland Scotland

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

Really sorry not to be able to be with you all... It looks like you had a great time. AND I missed the chance to have at least 4 VX Coupes in the same place at the same time... a rare event indeed. Next year...
betaveloce

Belgium Belgium

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 10:21:30 AM »

great idea Andrew, would be nice if I could make it one day in my HPE as well and get to know everyone IRL  Smiley
(as long as it's in the south-east part of the UK for me)

It looks like a great time.

Were there any HPE's ? if not I'll try to rectify that on the next outing.
Mines almost ready for a decent run now.

Thanks for sharing.

All the Best,  

Andrew.

Beta Coupé 1.8 '74
Beta Spider 1.6 '80
Beta HPE 2.0 i.e. '82
Delta Integrale 8V '88
Ypsilon 1.4 16V '09
flex

England England

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »

Looks like you had a good turn out. I think we would have made it but there were a few things looming over the beta 150miles in to its awakening from 26years of sleep that were a bit risky.

So many cars, so little time.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 10:20:32 PM »

Well done to Amanda and Steve for organising this years weekend/ Sunday bacon rolls  Smiley, and thanks to Mark who planed the route, and also laid on refreshments at www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk  HQ.

The Sunday didn't din't go quite to plan  Roll Eyes Amanda sadly woke with a migraine, and missed the day  Sad which was a real shame considering all the hard work she had put in  Sad
Then next we had a call from Mark, who broke down a mile away cam belt had jumped  Shocked Steve went to the rescue with tools, fortunately it had only jumped two teeth, quick roadside repair and and Mark was good to go  Smiley

Here's a couple of my pics from the day, sadly as we left 1/2 the group took different routes, and missed 1/2 of the cars  Sad

My full set can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonysphotos/albums/72157698531818964
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:27:40 PM by TonyLanciaBeta » Logged

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
WestonTB

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »

Many Thanks to Amanda & Steve for organising and the fantastic food & beer! Now have significant house/garage envy!

Jacob and I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the run. Bella the slightly orange Beta drove straight home up North as sweet as a nut, without a re-occurrence of the binding front caliper! (A THOUSAND THANKS TO THEO FOR SAVING THE DAY!!!) 

I think bearing in mind the heat all our cars coped really well, even a slightly slipped cam belt and the odd loose gear linkage didn't leave anyone stuck, most people would bottle it and call the AA etc. Credit to all wielding their spanners Smiley   

It was a real pleasure to follow Marcus and his Mum in their integrale, as well as Theo saving my bacon I think someone else was looking after us on Sunday Smiley

Cheers all,

Looking forward to next year.

(p.s awesome pictures as ever Tony)
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 08:14:22 AM »

Looks like you had a good turn out. I think we would have made it but there were a few things looming over the beta 150miles in to its awakening from 26years of sleep that were a bit risky.

I have found that the more I use my Beta, the better it runs. My round trip over the last long weekend ended up at 879 miles.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: