Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:11:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Betameeta 2018 & etc...  (Read 6974 times)
WestonTB

« on: April 08, 2018, 10:41:02 PM »

Hello everyone, hope all the Beta's are now happily out of hibernation and thrashing around.
As ever even after a relatively pampered lay up the little jobs (rad switch wiring, perished 18 yr old fuel return line from tank, sticky brakes, wobbly shock etc) all sorted and looking forward to "summer"... lets hope!

Where/when does anyone fancy our annual meet? Is there any events we could tag onto etc?

Also is it just me..., I know I'm useless with computerisation machines but does our donations page not work?

Squirt of oil maybe!

Cheers all,

Tim.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:53:22 AM »

Wasn't Darren offering to organise this year?
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »

i,d be more than happy to sort something in northamptonshire area central to most. meet , driving routes and food, firstly has anyone got any preferences to dates ? i think we probably talking about july august or september
smithymc

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »

Darren

It’s always tricky knowing where to start. The way I did it was to suggest dates I could do and then work from there.

Good luck if you fancy a go.

Mark
WestonTB

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »

July, August or September sound good to me, apart from the middle of August now booked for our family hols.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 08:35:03 PM »

I met up with Mandy and Steve Dodge a couple of weeks ago, they also mentioned they might be interested in planning a weekend in the South West (Devon area)
Could work having two weekends in different parts of the country ?

I will speak to them this weekend, to see if there is any further progress.

X-fingers I can attend both  Smiley

Tony

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »

devon is a lovely part of the country , if steve and mandy want to organise i dont mind stepping back . other than that so far i have dates free july 14th to 15th (i have got in touch with silverstone i afraid nothing going that weekend)(i have also got in touch with rockingham which could do us a track day on 15th july but expensive at £200 each ). i could do july 21-22 or 28-29  aug 4-5  or all of september, but i fancy going down to margate ohso retro on sun 30th of sept . i shall see what the general consensus is before going further
smithymc

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »

For me, I wouldn’t be too worried about going to an ‘event’ other than tagging onto a car show that has worked well in previous years. It’s just one more thing to try to coordinate.

I will try to go wherever we choose, or even 2. With our usual ineptitude we have nothing booked yet for holidays so don’t wait for me !

Good luck to whoever takes up the role- we really enjoyed doing it last year.

Mark

WestonTB

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 10:29:58 PM »

Darren, any of those dates sound good to me, Devon &/or Northamptonshire.
I could be wrong but my guess is by the possibility of having two "events" it could give twice the opportunities for peoples diary's to clash!

TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »

Mandy has confirmed shes set a date for the South West Meeta, Sunday 8th July,
She will post full details soon, in a new post.

Darren if you are still happy to still run the Northamptonshire Meeta, that would be great.
I think it will work well, for members North of Birmingham, Somerset/Devon will be a fair trek.

X fingers I'll attend both  Smiley

Tony

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 10:06:28 AM »

gutted i would have loved to drive down devon myself , great scenary , unfortunately i away at cleethorpes that weekend
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 10:28:07 AM »

gutted i would have loved to drive down devon myself , great scenary , unfortunately i away at cleethorpes that weekend

Potential mini meet in Cleethorpes then 🤣 at least two Beta nuts local to there.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 12:20:15 PM »

Potential mini meet in Cleethorpes then 🤣 at least two Beta nuts local to there.

Certainly up for a drive to Lincs. I may pass on Devon, as I'm potentially driving to Dorset last week of July.....
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »

hi guys i can still do 14th and 15th july northants . 14th i could sort some routes out for a drive to stowe buckingham where festival of the unexceptional is on , and sunday 15th a local meet at earls barton ( over 1000 cars )plenty of local places to stay around here , i could also probably put up some as i have 2 spare rooms with double beds in . i would need to know of interest though as only a week after devon meet some of you may want to rest cars up. or we could look at a later date , thx
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 01:12:21 PM »

I can't do it not least because I still don't have a Beta on the road but also I can't be away overnight because of my elderly mum who I have to keep an eye on. Sounds like a great idea though
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »

hi guys i can still do 14th and 15th july northants . 14th i could sort some routes out for a drive to stowe buckingham where festival of the unexceptional is on ,

I'm booked to attend the festival of the Unexceptional in the Trevi so will definitely be up for a Beta meet then even if I've already committed to the South-west meet in Devon on the 8th.  "Have Trevi will travel"  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 09:58:19 PM »

I won't be able to make the 15th of july unfortunately, I don't think the other half would be too impressed on her birthday, she tolerates enough as it is... but should be good for other dates. Hopefully be able to drag the HPE out for it, if not hope to be in a Lancia regardless. Smiley

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 08:27:01 AM »

I like the Northampton idea and the dates are fine for me.

Cheers

Eric
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 02:59:04 PM »

With not just one but two Betemeetas being arranged this year, I asked my Windows 10 Creator's Edition Computer to create a tribute video to Trevor the Trevi and this is what it came up with:

https://youtu.be/66dNyROMPMg

Theo Kyriacou
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »

sorry folks , i have to knock the northamptonshire meet on the head , other things have come up, i be more than happy to arrange something another time.and to make matters worse for me my clutch crashed out last week
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: