Lancia Beta Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:06:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Window regulator question  (Read 1416 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: April 01, 2018, 05:15:04 PM »

There appears to be a few differences between the manual window regulators in the coupe and spyder. ( both are early facelif models I have with carb engine )
Are they interchangeable?
Also, has anyone fitted replacement drive cables and am I right in thinking that they require spot welding?

Rust never sleeps
smithymc

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:47:23 AM »

Not sure about the interchangeability aspects, but I have had the regulators apart on mine, with mixed success, as it was the pinion as opposed to the cable that was the problems on ine side. You need to drill out spot welds to split the drive unit, but I found they could be put back together tight with decent pop rivets and lazy tongs.

I have seen some very different looking alternative regulators on a German site, which I am tempted by, but  the the part numbers don’t seem quite right and I didn’t get a reply to my email . May be worth trying as the originals seem to be a common issue.

Mark
monte

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »

I have replaced the drive springs,  purchased from Mark , on my coupe,it's a very straight forward job, while my car has the electrical regulators , they are basically similar to the manual unit.
I have had a look at the parts manual , the coupe and spider regulators have different part numbers, but I wonder why ?
The spyder upper door frame is I think the only difference between the two ! As a result the glass on the spyder will be slightly smaller, requiring the glide channel to be in a slightly different place perhaps clashing with the location of the fixing point of the coupe regulator , maybe a slight modification of the fixing bracket might be possible, or if you have a good coupe unit it would be simple enough to swap the drive spring from one to the other.
Best of luck  Smiley Smiley

1984 Beta Coupe VX
1985 Beta Coupe IE
1980 Montecarlo Spyder
1989 Integrale HF 16V
1989 Thema 2000IE
1991 Thema 2000IE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: